Power Seat Problem

TA in KC

Hello, I have a 1992 LS with the common power seat back problem. The left side moves back and forth fine but the right side is stuck. I have taken the seat apart, actually removed it from the car completely. After looking at some other threads it looks like the black plastic rod between the gears on each side needs to be moved over to the right. It does not appear to move easily. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get the seat working again? Thanks, Thomas

lx450 owner. I fixed my pass front seat, it was stuck all the way towards the dash and wouldnt slide back. I was able to swap the "white cap" from drivers side, screw it on rail of the pass side seat and we are back in business again! thanks to all again!

Your cap might be missing.. it runs across the front of the seat right under the seat part, it houses a rod in there that turns as the seat moves back and forth.

• 2 weeks later...

I am having a problem with my drivers seat, where the left side tilts forward, but the right stays in place. I have moved the rod that engages the gears back and forth, but the rod appears to be stripped. Can I get a new rod anywhere? Is it hard to replace? Any other options?

Thanks!