97 Es300: Engine Won't Start Unless Revved For A Minute

Title pretty much describes the problem (97 ES300 engine stalls infrequently on startup and require revving).

The engine has been flawless until now. We live in SoCal where the climate is nice (ruling out cold morning starts), when we start the car, approx. 50% of the time, the engine will immediately die unless we consistently hold down the gas pedal for about a minute. After about 30-60 seconds, the car runs perfectly fine and doesn't stall once it's on. This happens frequently, but not consistently. It may happen after we leave the car off overnight or it occurs when we make a quick run to the store.

My dad is a retired mechanic, and his initial cursory inspection revealed no big issues. A CEL hasn't been thrown and aside from hooking the car up to a computer to see if there are any codes, we're at a loss. Any suggestions would be HUGELY appreciated. Let me know if there is any other info I could provide. Thanks guys!

-HD

I am having the same problem as you are.

Here is a link at CL that I used.

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/showthread.php?t=292964

There are some suggestions that I tried but it did not work out for me.

Maybe it can help you.

I am still having the same starting problems as you have so if anyone knows a solution please reply.

Thanks!