Hid Problem Someone Clearfy This For Me!

Jesus954

Well like alot of people i was not happy with the stock HID lights that the is300 comes with so i wanted to get the nice blue/white HID lights that i see in other cars, so a friend of mine and i got the 8000k Hid at the same time the difference is that his car is a nissan altima now maybe theres is a specific measure for every different car on how many K's the Hid u get should be or what not but his lights are nice they are blue/white and they light up the whole road like the visibility improves by 110% now mine in the other case arent the same, they have the nice look they are blue/white but they dont bright up the road as much as my friends lights do =\ i tried adjusting the head lights position manually but no success i dunno if the lights are too high up or to high down =\ has anyone had a problem with this when putting in new Hids?

Are the bulbs D2R or D2S? If they are the latter they were made for projectors and will just scatter the light in a IS300 headlight.

If you have the correct bulbs, then make sure they are seated proplery on the holders as this is critical to the focus of the light.

Are the bulbs D2R or D2S? If they are the latter they were made for projectors and will just scatter the light in a IS300 headlight.

If you have the correct bulbs, then make sure they are seated proplery on the holders as this is critical to the focus of the light.

lets say the lights r being scattered cuz i think that might be the prob how could i fix it? n like how come the stock ones are not scattered?

lets say the lights r being scattered cuz i think that might be the prob how could i fix it? n like how come the stock ones are not scattered?

If you don't see a clean flat cutoff line at the top where the beam shines on the wall, then you have the wrong bulbs. You need to change them for D2R.

I'll bet you have the S bulbs. Because I changed mine out a few weeks ago and they are definately brighter than stock,( I went with the mostly white with slight purple 5600 K). You do know also that the higher the color spectrum, the less overall light it produces also right? For example a 6000 K produces more light than a 8000 K. If I'm not mistaken the stock light is a 4500 K. So keep that in mind also.

hmmm, just might do this when i steal your black demon eye's/halo idea smooth1....

B) It's all good........

I'll bet you have the S bulbs. Because I changed mine out a few weeks ago and they are definately brighter than stock,( I went with the mostly white with slight purple 5600 K). You do know also that the higher the color spectrum, the less overall light it produces also right? For example a 6000 K produces more light than a 8000 K. If I'm not mistaken the stock light is a 4500 K. So keep that in mind also.

Yeah i herd of that too that the more K's u go the less light it produces, but my friend got the same the lights but its on a nissan altima and his lights light up the whole road even a car ahead of him gets their side of the road brighten by his lights and they are the exact ones i got why is that?

Yeah i herd of that too that the more K's u go the less light it produces, but my friend got the same the lights but its on a nissan altima and his lights light up the whole road even a car ahead of him gets their side of the road brighten by his lights and they are the exact ones i got why is that?

Okay, I just checked into it and the Altima does take the same D2R bulbs as the IS 300. So, if indeed you have D2R bulbs, then my question is how are you doing the headlight adjustment? When I had mine all apart I saw it's not just a turn of the wrench. You have to go in and adjust the settings for motors center point.

Like I said, my headlights are way brite enouph. Can you post an "evening time" pic with the lights on so I can see?

Okay, I just checked into it and the Altima does take the same D2R bulbs as the IS 300. So, if indeed you have D2R bulbs, then my question is how are you doing the headlight adjustment? When I had mine all apart I saw it's not just a turn of the wrench. You have to go in and adjust the settings for motors center point.

Like I said, my headlights are way brite enouph. Can you post an "evening time" pic with the lights on so I can see?

Sure ill post a pic on how the lights are on the streets when the sun sets, and about how am i adjusting it is i am trying to move the lights down a bit manually by moving the little turning notches.

Sure ill post a pic on how the lights are on the streets when the sun sets, and about how am i adjusting it is i am trying to move the lights down a bit manually by moving the little turning notches.

It would be helpful if you can take a pic of the light shining on a wall.

It would be helpful if you can take a pic of the light shining on a wall.

ok ill get a pic of the wall too

As nearly as I can tell they may be aimed too high. At that distance you should be able to see the cutoff lines at the top of the beam on the wall. IMHO.

thats what i think as well im trying to aim them down manually by moving the spiky notch, which makes the light go either up or down, i already moved it alot down but havent notice much diff it is lower but it needs to be way more lower =\

When you put the new bulbs in did you make sure they were "seated" in the openings? Take the silver plug back off, then take the 2 spring tensioners back off and slowly spin the bulb in your finger tips in the opening to make sure the bulb is in the correct position. Then but the tensioners back on, and do the same on the other side. Let me know what you find out with this first. ( we'll eliminate the easy stuff first.)

Yeah, it's hard to tell from the picture, but it looks like the driver side might be the one not in the right way.

Yeah, it's hard to tell, but it looks like the driver side bulb isn't sitting in there properly. try getting the bulb back out of there, and then make sure the rod that runs along the bulb is at the bottom. post-42851-1185927103_thumb.jpg or closest to the ground. If you look at the black base of the bulb, you'll see there are notches in it that have to align with the socket in order for it to go in all the way. I would start by double checking that first.

Yeah, it's hard to tell, but it looks like the driver side bulb isn't sitting in there properly. try getting the bulb back out of there, and then make sure the rod that runs along the bulb is at the bottom. post-42851-1185927103_thumb.jpg or closest to the ground. If you look at the black base of the bulb, you'll see there are notches in it that have to align with the socket in order for it to go in all the way. I would start by double checking that first.

alright boss ill get to it lol thanks for the quick help btw.... other forums berly pay attention to anything <_<