2006 Gs430 Unusual Smell Inside Cabin

I just purchased a used GS430 from a friend. It was well maintained and always clean. I must say though, it doesn't smell like a normal new car. It has 11K miles and he never smoked in the car. It's hard to describe, but the smell is new to me. It's not an overbearing smell, but it is far from pleasant.

No it doesn't smell like a dead animal or stinky gym socks.

Do any of you 430 owners feel that you car smells different than other new cars?

thanks

I just purchased a used GS430 from a friend. It was well maintained and always clean. I must say though, it doesn't smell like a normal new car. It has 11K miles and he never smoked in the car. It's hard to describe, but the smell is new to me. It's not an overbearing smell, but it is far from pleasant.

Do any of you 430 owners feel that you car smells different than other new cars?

thanks

Dump some antifungual liquid down the intake vents on the bottom of the windshiels and run the ac/circ fan, Repeat as needed . It is fungus buildup in the vents/circulation/ac.

• 4 weeks later...

thanks

Check the A/C filter and replace it if it is dirty. Look underneath seats or any compartments that are closed. Something may be rotting in those compartments.