A/c Air Vent In Seat

newlex

I am new owner and was wondering if the A/C air was supposed to blow through the vents of the seat both from the bottom and the back rest.

I feel the air is not blow on the back rest of the front seat.

Can anybody confirm.

Thanks.

only comes through the bottom unfortunately, not the back.

Maybe I'm imagining it, but the seat ventilators & heaters work on the back cushions also.

• 2 weeks later...

I checked with Lexus dealer and it is confirmed.

The air vents work only in the bottom.

They are not designed to work in the back of the seat. I feel frustrated and cheated at this disclosure as it is never mentioned or clarified during our buying process.

newlex i am afraid you are mistaken, go to Lexus.com and watch the video of them explaining the comforts in the ES they specifically mention the ventillation is through the seat and back seat :) and i test drove an ES here and it is true.

newlex i am afraid you are mistaken, go to Lexus.com and watch the video of them explaining the comforts in the ES they specifically mention the ventillation is through the seat and back seat :) and i test drove an ES here and it is true.

I at first thought the back of the seat did not ventilate air but it does towards the middle/upper portion of the ventilated leather. Albeit, it's not very brisk but ventilation nonetheless. Thinking about it... I haven't turned those fans on yet since I purchased the car the other day... car cools fast though even though it's been 90~95 before the index here lately...

I checked with Lexus dealer and it is confirmed.

The air vents work only in the bottom.

They are not designed to work in the back of the seat. I feel frustrated and cheated at this disclosure as it is never mentioned or clarified during our buying process.

Your Lexus Dealer done told you wrong. Call Lexus Corporation and they'll give you the right information......both seat & backrest have heating and ventilating! <_<

Sorry about sounding so sure about the bottom guys...guess I was wrong. I could have sworn I didn't feel anything out the back on my service loaner...everyone makes mistakes i guess...

I have the answer for all of you. Both are correct, but it has to do with the lumbar position. If the lumbar is fully extended you will not feel the air coming out of the back. If you set the lumbar for no support you will definitely fell the air flow. Yes, they are not air conditioned seats, but ventilated, where a fan underneath the cushioning pushes air through the perforated leather. My dealership here in Roseville actually had a display showing this feature. You will feel the difference if the lumbar support is on max support or on no support.

Sorry about sounding so sure about the bottom guys...guess I was wrong. I could have sworn I didn't feel anything out the back on my service loaner...everyone makes mistakes i guess...

I have the answer for all of you. Both are correct, but it has to do with the lumbar position. If the lumbar is fully extended you will not feel the air coming out of the back. If you set the lumbar for no support you will definitely fell the air flow. Yes, they are not air conditioned seats, but ventilated, where a fan underneath the cushioning pushes air through the perforated leather. My dealership here in Roseville actually had a display showing this feature. You will feel the difference if the lumbar support is on max support or on no support.

You deserve some sort of star for this reply. Very consice reply. Wish everyone here would follow your lead !

Thanks Allot!

Great observation~!