My New Is250 Rwd With Nav

Hi all:

It's been a week since I bought my 07 IS250 RWD with Navigation. Love it. Got the Smoky granite mica with the black interior. The car also has the standard option packages that comes with Nav like HID headlights and the ventilated seats. I also got the perma plating from the dealer. Also, I think I got a good price since the local dealer (Lexus of Sacramento) matched the price given by Lexus of Pleasanton. I'll post some pics soon.

Couple of concerns I have.

I ran into the break dust problem like everyone else. From reading the postings, I am aware of the TSB for the front brake pads. When I bought this up with the salesman, he said the new pads will make more noise during braking? Is this really true? Has anyone got the replacement brake pads and heard an increase in break noise during normal braking?

The second concern is that I noticed a small scratch on the center leather armrest. It's about a 2 inch very slight scratch. The salesman told me that it was something to do with the leather when being installed. When they stretch the leather it might crack from the inside causing a slight bump. I can actually feel the bump and its from the inside. Anyone else had a problems like this?

Thanks

Hi all:

It's been a week since I bought my 07 IS250 RWD with Navigation. Love it. Got the Smoky granite mica with the black interior. The car also has the standard option packages that comes with Nav like HID headlights and the ventilated seats. I also got the perma plating from the dealer. Also, I think I got a good price since the local dealer (Lexus of Sacramento) matched the price given by Lexus of Pleasanton. I'll post some pics soon.

Couple of concerns I have.

I ran into the break dust problem like everyone else. From reading the postings, I am aware of the TSB for the front brake pads. When I bought this up with the salesman, he said the new pads will make more noise during braking? Is this really true? Has anyone got the replacement brake pads and heard an increase in break noise during normal braking?

The second concern is that I noticed a small scratch on the center leather armrest. It's about a 2 inch very slight scratch. The salesman told me that it was something to do with the leather when being installed. When they stretch the leather it might crack from the inside causing a slight bump. I can actually feel the bump and its from the inside. Anyone else had a problems like this?

Thanks

As to the TSIB, why why why would you listen to the salesman? Call service dept (some of THEM don't even know about it). As to the armrest, sounds like he's just making sh** up.

I had my IS 250 for about 2 weeks. I would wash my car and 2 days later, the brake dust covered my wheels. Thanks to the members on this site, I learned about the free brake pad form. I called the service guy and he brought me RIGHT in and actually referenced the form (without me bringing it up) and changed the front brake pads at no extra cost. I have already noticed a difference in the amount of brake dust.

I have heard NOTHING with the brakes. They make no sound. AND, they might try to say that you are moving from High Performance brake pads to normal brake pads.....it may be an out. I notice NO difference. Lexus would not put bad brake pads on the car.

I definitely recommend that you get it done. The brake dust is THAT ridiculous.

as for the leather....I experienced some annoying things with my car. and I just guess that it might be somethign that you have to live with. You'll get used to it. Just a thought :)