2003 - 2004 Ls430 Vs 2003 - 2004 Bmw 745

kino1161

I am a 1996 GS owner and I LOVE IT! Anyway, I wanted to know if you had a choice between a 2003 - 2004 BMW 745 (Li or L) and a 2003 - 2004 Lexus LS, what would you pick and why? I am having trouble deciding because I love both cars! I know I am posting this in the LS forum and the answers may be a little biased. :rolleyes: Thanks!

I wouldn't even consider the BMW, for numerous reasons. I've known several people with the early current 7 series that had many issues with them and/or even got them recalled. The iDrive is also horrible. If you buy the BMW, be prepared to shell out money for maintenance. The reliability isn't even close, in my opinion.

Get the '04 LS. I had an '03 and recently traded up to an '05. I like the newer body style a lot better. I don't think you'll be disappointed. The only thing that may be "better" in the BMW is the handling and performance. But that comes at a price!

I'd get the 745....just because I LOVE the way they look, and they drive nicely too. I hate iDrive, but I'm sure it just takes some time to get adjusted to it. The keyless start is a big turn off too, since you have to stick the fob in the dash and then press the starter. Their is autotrader and cars.com for when the car starts giving you too much trouble. LOL

You can't go wrong with a LS430, but I'd have to pick the '04 over the '03 just for the keyless start/entry.

I'd absolutely do the 04 LS over the 03.

As for the 7, its tempting I know but the latest 7 has been wracked with reliability problems and I personally don't think the bangle design has aged that well. the refreshed model looks MUCH smoother IMHO.

I'd do an 04 LS.