My Lexus Dealership Experience - Ca

So I went to Lexus of Concord in the bay area. I got their name from the Costco auto program.

They assured me that no BASE Lexus IS250 exists in the US, ie the one quoted for $31 425 mrsp

or invoice $27 653. They said I could order that car, and it would be 3-6 months, but

they aren't making more 07's, so I'd have to wait until Sept to order an 08 and then wait 3-6 months.

Then he showed me how when the year is new, the Costco price is $2000 over invoice.

And every 3 months it gets adjusted down, so maybe in the 2nd quarter of 08 I could order a base

one for "invoice". He was trying to steer me away from the base as much as possible.

So, what does Lexus offer for an Auto 07 IS250?

He told me the 12 western states get the following "minimum" package. That every lexus sent

to them has these options as a "minimum"

HID lights

Vented seats/wood

18 inch rims and summer tires that wear out in 15 000 miles.

Lip spoiler.

So the 'cheapest' lexus comes to $35 696 MRSP.

The costco price is "invoice" which is $31 531.

So on Edmunds, the MRSP comes to 35627, and Invoice of $30726

So maybe they added some extra things to their price (wheel locks, mats etc).(His price may include dest)

I'm disappointed Lexus does the BAit and switch, I suppose I was warned.

I mean Honda does the "dx" w/o AC so they can go "Started at $15999", but then

the dealer only has LX/EX's on the lot.

Lexus does want to maintain the brand and image that every lexus on the

road cost atleast $35-40G's.. there's no such thing as a $30K lexus.

So does the above sound correct? I really don't want 18 inch rims

as the rubber is so expensive. The cheapest replacement for the backs is $186.00 EACH.

While for normal 17 inches, they are $89 each (or cheaper).( I drove a new set of 17 inches to 92K miles once.)

I thought I could get an OTD price for 30K for the IS250, but it's looking more like:

31531 * 8% tax = 34034 OTd as a minimum in California. (no NAV remember).

People are getting a Nav TSX for 27.5K + TTL = $29700

Or $28200 non-nav.

So equally equipped, It's 28.2K for a tSX vs 34K for a IS250. An almost 6K difference.

TSX W/ Nav is $4500 cheaper. That gives me blue tooth, nav and all the goodies.

So why do I want the IS250? Cuz I already have an 04 TSX and wanted a change.

But 6K is hard to justify...

Anyone knows a CA dealer that can do 31K OTD for a 'base' IS250? (again, whatever Base is defined as).

I'll drive to any dealer in CA to get it.

So I went to Lexus of Concord in the bay area. I got their name from the Costco auto program.

They assured me that no BASE Lexus IS250 exists in the US, ie the one quoted for $31 425 mrsp

or invoice $27 653. They said I could order that car, and it would be 3-6 months, but

they aren't making more 07's, so I'd have to wait until Sept to order an 08 and then wait 3-6 months.

Then he showed me how when the year is new, the Costco price is $2000 over invoice.

And every 3 months it gets adjusted down, so maybe in the 2nd quarter of 08 I could order a base

one for "invoice". He was trying to steer me away from the base as much as possible.

He told me the 12 western states get the following "minimum" package. That every lexus sent

HID lights

Vented seats/wood

Lip spoiler.

So maybe they added some extra things to their price (wheel locks, mats etc).(His price may include dest)

as the rubber is so expensive. The cheapest replacement for the backs is $186.00 EACH.

While for normal 17 inches, they are $89 each (or cheaper).( I drove a new set of 17 inches to 92K miles once.)

I thought I could get an OTD price for 30K for the IS250, but it's looking more like:

Or $28200 non-nav.

So equally equipped, It's 28.2K for a tSX vs 34K for a IS250. An almost 6K difference.

Anyone knows a CA dealer that can do 31K OTD for a 'base' IS250? (again, whatever Base is defined as).

Wow...

HID lights

Vented seats/wood

Lip spoiler.

Or $28200 non-nav.

Wow...

Hello fellow bay area Lexus fan -

In terms of getting the IS250 for under 30k - I assume you want under 30k BEFORE taxes. Because let's face it, even with taxes and registration etc you're going to pay 30k. I'm sorry, that's just the reality of things. If you want one for 29k (before taxes) then read on...

What you were told is true.. there are no "base" models on any lot. The cheapest one you'll find WILL have the 18inch wheels, wood trim, heated and ventilate seats, trunk net and mat etc. This is true. If you want the absolute base model you will have to order it. BUT, you can get the one mentioned about for 29k before taxes. HERE'S HOW I DID IT....

If you live in the bay area I would suggest contacting Lexus of Pleasanton. Yes, the one at the auto mall. Visit their website and send an email request for a price. You'll end up talking with a guy named Eric Hanson (Internet Sales Manager) eric.hanson@hendrickauto.com You'll get a call back the same day. This lot deals quantity sales and not mark up (according to him). I was able to talk him down to 29,600.00 for the Tungsten Pearl / Black Interior 2007 IS250 with the 18inch wheels, wood trim blah blah blah and NO Navi. It's true. I kid you not. He will probably tell you that he can make a good deal if you come in before the weekend.

If you decide to contact them I WOULD NOT jump right to it and say "hey, I heard I can get the car for 29.6." I would call him, let him know you want the cheapest price you can get. Let'em know you've done your homework online and you know that you can get the car for under MSRP. Also, if needed, mention that you've sent off your request to other Lexus dealerships. The guy SHOULD work with you and get you the car for under 30k sticker price. Heck, he sold it for 1,400 UNDER INVOICE. You may want to go ahead and email other local dealers and then get actual prices from there. This gives you the power to throw numbers back and forth with other dealers. In the long run… Pleasanton was the best price and every other dealer I spoke with said they couldn't match the price. They all told me if I could ge the car for under invoice to do it.

Good luck.

The cars I have seen, in the Inland Empire area of Southern California, have included the "premium package," I believe it is. It has the wood, the heated/ac seats, and the mat package in the back of the car. My newest one has the HID lights included, which is a great thing for me. I have not seen the lip on the back cover as a normal accessory. I paid about $33k, I believe, and I think that was right around the total price after taxes. I bought mine at Longo Lexus, which is in El Monte. My previous car I bought at Crown Lexus, which is in Ontario. Crown doesn't have the choice of cars anyone would like. Longo has an excellent choice of cars. I'd check with Longo, as well, if Pleasanton can't help you out.

The cars I have seen, in the Inland Empire area of Southern California, have included the "premium package," I believe it is. It has the wood, the heated/ac seats, and the mat package in the back of the car. My newest one has the HID lights included, which is a great thing for me. I have not seen the lip on the back cover as a normal accessory. I paid about $33k, I believe, and I think that was right around the total price after taxes. I bought mine at Longo Lexus, which is in El Monte. My previous car I bought at Crown Lexus, which is in Ontario. Crown doesn't have the choice of cars anyone would like. Longo has an excellent choice of cars. I'd check with Longo, as well, if Pleasanton can't help you out.

Actually, I was talking to my husband last night about this, and he told me we paid $31k, not $33k.

Actually, I was talking to my husband last night about this, and he told me we paid $31k, not $33k.

Was that before tax and fees etc? If so, that's still good.

I noticed the same thing when I was shopping for my 2007 IS250. But then again I wanted the 250 w/ nav, 18" and XM.

The sticker price on my car was just a hair shy of $39,000 and ended up getting it at Crown Lexus in Ontario (granted I live in Newport). The price I got on it was $32,986 plus fees. so about $37,500 Out the door which is great considering youre still out the door with ALL The options at LESS THAN STICKER!!

I just have to say, I work for Audi/Porsche/Bentley in OC and thats a smokin' deal!!

Was that before tax and fees etc? If so, that's still good.

That was the total, with taxes.

I noticed the same thing when I was shopping for my 2007 IS250. But then again I wanted the 250 w/ nav, 18" and XM.

The sticker price on my car was just a hair shy of $39,000 and ended up getting it at Crown Lexus in Ontario (granted I live in Newport). The price I got on it was $32,986 plus fees. so about $37,500 Out the door which is great considering youre still out the door with ALL The options at LESS THAN STICKER!!

I just have to say, I work for Audi/Porsche/Bentley in OC and thats a smokin' deal!!

Okay, LexusAddict, do I know you???? hahaha!!!!! (Think about all the cars I've had, if you know.....)

I got the same dealership to quote me $40000 Out-The-Door (everything included) for IS350 (yes, Three Fitty) with the same options (NAV+XM). The sticker on it was around $43000, so about $47000 Out-The-Door.

However, when it came to my trade-in value they went a little low, so no deal yet.

Most other dealerships were able to match the price I was quoted once I showed them the email printout.

• 3 weeks later...

When did you buy your car? Who was the internet sales manager you talked to?

Youn won't get it for $30k OTD, but you can get somewhat close. I was also told that the manufacturer only made base models by special order and that you won't get as good of a deal on special orders. I bought mine 2 weekends ago from Longo Lexus in El Monte.

2007 IS250 RWD - premium package, 18"wheels, HID lights and preferred acc pkg - MSRP $35341

I got it for $30105 plus TTL. (about $750 below invoice and only about $1500 more than base invoice)

OTD $32920 (i don't remember exact figure)

Ok I know we all want the best deal and the UNDER INVOICE stuff and blah blah blah..but people please remember that every time you try to grind away at price, youre basically giving someone a pay cut..so try to be reasonable..i mean we dont go to nordstrom and buy a $300 shirt for $225 plus taxes just because we want a deal.

:-D

Ok I know we all want the best deal and the UNDER INVOICE stuff and blah blah blah..but people please remember that every time you try to grind away at price, youre basically giving someone a pay cut..so try to be reasonable..i mean we dont go to nordstrom and buy a $300 shirt for $225 plus taxes just because we want a deal.

:-D

only if they're on commission and even then they get a minumum with each sale.

Most fleet managers and internet sales reps don't work on commission. You won't get well researched deals from regular sales people that handle walk-ins.