Engine Power Mods?

Ok so after having my car for 6 months, Im dying for more power. Now I know I should have bought the IS350 but for some reason my dads company wouldnt insure it. *BLEEP*s. haha

So does anyone have any ideas on how to get more power out of the engine..now I know a turbo would work but thats a last resort..any other ideas?? (brands and items specifically??)

thanks all!

Ok so after having my car for 6 months, Im dying for more power. Now I know I should have bought the IS350 but for some reason my dads company wouldnt insure it. *BLEEP*s. haha

So does anyone have any ideas on how to get more power out of the engine..now I know a turbo would work but thats a last resort..any other ideas?? (brands and items specifically??)

thanks all!

well small mods that you can do are getting a new intake and exhaust system. This will increase your horsepower and make it sound nicer, but your performance still wont increase that much. Dyno it? Do some research and try to find a chip for it.

thanks all!

The only way besides an engine transplant, is to turbocharge or supercharge it (Blitz have a S/C). Correct me if I'm wrong, but won't you have similar problems in insuring it with a T/C or S/C as you had with insuring a 350?

I don't know what's available for the IS250, but here's a list of basic performance upgrades -

Intake

Headers

Exhaust

Underdrive Pulleys

Advanced Timing

ECU/Chip

Injectors/Plugs

Weight Reduction (including drivetrain components)

Keep in mind, a lot of these options can void your warranty, and any time you mess with your A/F mixture you should retune your car.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

The only way to really add power is with FI. But if you want just sound and a little of performane go with sri and exhaust. They complement each other very well. I have a Injen sri on a is350 and that thing sounds like a beast! It sounds like a muscle car now.