Problems With 3m Clear Bra

I've had my IS for about 2 1/2 months now, and the 3m clear bra (dealer installed at time of purchase) has developed a couple of problems:

1. In several of the corners, the plastic film is starting to peel away from the car. Not a lot, maybe 1/16" to 1/8". Is this common, or just a sign of poor installation? I'm afraid that as I'm washing or waxing the car I risk pulling the film back even further.

2. As I was waxing the hood (new bottle of wax and new applicator) I put a 2 inch scratch in the film, about a half inch below the edge of the film. I tried getting it out by re-waxing, buffing, and even using Scratch X, but I just made the area around the scratch look worse (kind of hazy). You can only really notice it when the sun hits the car at just the perfect angle, but at that time it's pretty obvious.

Is there anything my dealer can do to fix either problem short of replacing the whole bra? I don't want to seem anal to the dealer about the problems but, after all, the bra wasn't exactly cheap... I worry that the dealer might not want to do anything to assist me.

Any help out there? Thanks.

well, go into the dealer with a nice attitude and nicely talk it over with your service assistant.

hopefully the scratch that you made is on the same part as the part that is peeling because the peeling should be checked out by the dealer.

if so, then go in and dont mention the scratch you made, but make sure you make it seem like its their fault that its peeling and say that it should be replaced since it was installed incorrectly.

I had the 3M installed by a professional after I bought the car.

He told me to use detailer's spray after two or three days to keep the bra waxed and to press the seams hard once or twice after the same time to ensure a good fit. I have had no problems after complying with those simple recommendations.

I've had my IS for about 2 1/2 months now, and the 3m clear bra (dealer installed at time of purchase) has developed a couple of problems:

1. In several of the corners, the plastic film is starting to peel away from the car. Not a lot, maybe 1/16" to 1/8". Is this common, or just a sign of poor installation? I'm afraid that as I'm washing or waxing the car I risk pulling the film back even further.

2. As I was waxing the hood (new bottle of wax and new applicator) I put a 2 inch scratch in the film, about a half inch below the edge of the film. I tried getting it out by re-waxing, buffing, and even using Scratch X, but I just made the area around the scratch look worse (kind of hazy). You can only really notice it when the sun hits the car at just the perfect angle, but at that time it's pretty obvious.

Is there anything my dealer can do to fix either problem short of replacing the whole bra? I don't want to seem anal to the dealer about the problems but, after all, the bra wasn't exactly cheap... I worry that the dealer might not want to do anything to assist me.

Any help out there? Thanks.

had the dealer take mine off and replace with the new generation of Clear bra which is now 4 months old and still looks amazing ...if youre not happy go straight back to the dealer and get them to change it out its usually done by some other contractor at great mark up for the dealer so don't be shy just call em and get it changed the clear bra is warranted for 5 years on a new vehicle