Considering Buying An Is350

Hi there guys, I'm new here, and I'm quite serious about getting this new car so hopefully I can make myself at home here... I had a few questions though..

1. Whenever I google images of the car, I always see these really cool sporty colors, like bright blues, yellows, bright reds, etc. However, on the dealer websites, I only get more conservative colors like the granites, silvers, black, white, and a mellow red. Are these always custom paint jobs, or do individual dealers offer sporty colors?

2. I also see pictures of a coupe IS, but that's always dismissed as a rumor. I see that the IS-F is on the horizon for the future, but a coupe isn't even mentioned on the Lexus website... I'd kinda prefer that option, so would anyone know if it's an option for the long run?

3. I've never bought a brand-new car before, and I like the IS350 because it's sporty and has a nice engine... would it be better to get a bare !Removed! IS and get the options (rims, sound system, GPS, etc.) on my own time, or to get them when I buy the car? For example, a lot of the times the cd players you get at Best Buy can look tacky and out of place in a lot of cars, would a GPS from Best Buy instead of Lexus look just as out of place?

Well thanks for your time guys, have a good day.

Hi there guys, I'm new here, and I'm quite serious about getting this new car so hopefully I can make myself at home here... I had a few questions though..

1. Whenever I google images of the car, I always see these really cool sporty colors, like bright blues, yellows, bright reds, etc. However, on the dealer websites, I only get more conservative colors like the granites, silvers, black, white, and a mellow red. Are these always custom paint jobs, or do individual dealers offer sporty colors?

2. I also see pictures of a coupe IS, but that's always dismissed as a rumor. I see that the IS-F is on the horizon for the future, but a coupe isn't even mentioned on the Lexus website... I'd kinda prefer that option, so would anyone know if it's an option for the long run?

3. I've never bought a brand-new car before, and I like the IS350 because it's sporty and has a nice engine... would it be better to get a bare !Removed! IS and get the options (rims, sound system, GPS, etc.) on my own time, or to get them when I buy the car? For example, a lot of the times the cd players you get at Best Buy can look tacky and out of place in a lot of cars, would a GPS from Best Buy instead of Lexus look just as out of place?

Well thanks for your time guys, have a good day.

As far as colors--are you getting pix of the old IS300? That had red, yellow and a bright blue as colors. The 2nd generation does not--much more conservative, Lexus-like colors.

I don't think the coupe is coming soon, if at all. I haven't seen any stories or spy photos indicating it would be an '08 model.

As to electronics, the base IS stereo system is pretty good and you can upgrade to ML. I think you are always better going with the mfg's nav (at least for Japanese cars). If you can swing the $$, get it. The Lex nav also gets you Bluetooth and a back up camera.

Awesome, thanks for your help. The local Lexus dealer here closes pretty early, so I called just now to inquire about the prices they have for the IS. The salesman asked me if I was interested in the 250 or the 350, to which I said 350. He offered me the Premium package for $39, but I told him I was more interested in the sport. He tells me that the sport package is exclusive to the 250. Is that true?

Awesome, thanks for your help. The local Lexus dealer here closes pretty early, so I called just now to inquire about the prices they have for the IS. The salesman asked me if I was interested in the 250 or the 350, to which I said 350. He offered me the Premium package for $39, but I told him I was more interested in the sport. He tells me that the sport package is exclusive to the 250. Is that true?

Lucky you--you have encountered a salesman that doesn't know what he's talking about:

http://www.lexus.com/models/IS/features/pricing.html

Maybe he means that the sport pkg isn't available in your area? I doubt it. You should surf the lexus website, along with edmunds.com, and the autos section of msn.com, and call him back. Also, I would talk to the internet sales dept at as many dealers as you can.

Good luck.

If you are going to upgrade the stereo get the GPS and then upgrade from there. The base stereo in my opinion looks very unrefined, and not matter what you do you wont find a double din GPS head unit that will fit as nicely. I have talked to a couple audio shops and building a top of the line stereo in the IS (adding to the factory GPS unit) would cost about $3-4 grand. That includes:

- dynomat covering the trunk, trunk lid and all doors.

- Component speakers in all doors (3 speakers in the front doors and 2 in the rear).

- 10'' sub in the rear with custom enclosure in trunk.

- Amp with custom rack in corner of the trunk.

- All the misc. hardware to tie it into the factory navigation unit.

If you are looking to upgrade the suspension, wheels and tires just buy an IS350 without the X-package and add a body kit, 19'' wheels and a set of springs.

Alrighty, it's a;; starting to make more sense now. I would like to upgrade my tires/rims, and alter the exhaust to something more dynamic... I'd also like to add a body kit... and those are actually my priorities with the car once I have it. Should I go with a base 350, or is there a recommended trim line? I prefer the aluminum interior to the wood grain, and I'd like the GPS system, but that's no hurry. Thanks.

Alrighty, it's a;; starting to make more sense now. I would like to upgrade my tires/rims, and alter the exhaust to something more dynamic... I'd also like to add a body kit... and those are actually my priorities with the car once I have it. Should I go with a base 350, or is there a recommended trim line? I prefer the aluminum interior to the wood grain, and I'd like the GPS system, but that's no hurry. Thanks.

IS350 w/ X-Package.

BTW, when I inquired about the availability of the Sport Package, I was told it was 'discontinued' in 2007 - by all the dealers I spoke to about it...