How To Play Dvd While In Motion

regulus

Isn't the point of the DVD playback so that your passengers can watch a movie while in motion? :huh:

This was going to be the tiebreaker for me between the Ultra-Lux and Premium-Plus package. :(

No, its against federal law for a screen to be displaying video in the driver's line of sight.

Isn't the point of the DVD playback so that your passengers can watch a movie while in motion? :huh:

This was going to be the tiebreaker for me between the Ultra-Lux and Premium-Plus package. :(

No, its against federal law for a screen to be displaying video in the driver's line of sight.

I know that, but the touch LCD is considered "in the driver's line of sight"? :unsure: I thought "line of sight" referred to anything that might obstruct part of the windshield.

"in the driver's line of sight"? :unsure: I thought "line of sight" referred to anything that might obstruct part of the windshield.

absolutely, if the driver can see it, its in his line of sight.

Hello,

New here, I can not even get it to play any DVD inside my garage? What am I doing wrong? Sure would like to get the nav to work while in motion. My better half can navigate the buttons. How can I make this happen? Thanks

Woor

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

New here, I can not even get it to play any DVD inside my garage? What am I doing wrong? Sure would like to get the nav to work while in motion. My better half can navigate the buttons. How can I make this happen? Thanks

Woor

Set the parking brake!

If someone wants to fork over the money, do a google search for "lexus lockpick" although I don't recommend it.

Question does the screen black out as soon as the car is in D or when you go over a certain speed?

Furthemore when exactly does the navigation entering block out, over which speed.

any reply would help

Question does the screen black out as soon as the car is in D or when you go over a certain speed?

Furthemore when exactly does the navigation entering block out, over which speed.

any reply would help

The screen goes blank as soon as the shifter leaves Park. I think this feature is just fine.

Note: When in Park, you must actually have the parking brake (emergency brake) on (deployed) for the DVD to display.

The quality of DVD playback is very good, and the on-screen menu is brilliant.

Are you talking about playing the DVD? If you are, the screen will go black as soon as you release the parking brake!

You can not enter information(grayed out) as soon as the car starts to move.

• 9 months later...