Calling All Black Sapphire Pearl Is

Hi, new to the forum. Looking at purchasing a new IS in the next month or so. I would love to see some pics of the IS in Black Sapphire with the door open so I can get an idea of the different color combination for the interior. Can't decide on which color I like best for the inside. TIA

Hi, new to the forum. Looking at purchasing a new IS in the next month or so. I would love to see some pics of the IS in Black Sapphire with the door open so I can get an idea of the different color combination for the interior. Can't decide on which color I like best for the inside. TIA

Hey this is a picture of my black IS 250. You should get black on black for this car, it really is such a nice color. The only problem is that it gets dirty much quicker than any other color, but its worth it...

post-45330-1183940780_thumb.jpg

O i didnt read that you wanted to see the interior. You have to get black on black. Such a nice combination. Sorry this is the only picture that i have of the interior. Trust me black on black is amazing. Drag the pictures to your desktop so you can make them bigger.

post-45330-1183941080_thumb.jpg post-45330-1183941031_thumb.jpg

Hey this is a picture of my black IS 250. You should get black on black for this car, it really is such a nice color. The only problem is that it gets dirty much quicker than any other color, but its worth it...

post-45330-1183940780_thumb.jpg

Agreed. I don't think any interior other than black would work with the car. It's really a great combination. On the other hand, I also agree that you had better be prepared to wash the car frequently. It can get dirty in a hurry. When it's clean, the Black Sapphire Pearl is (IMHO) the best looking car on the road. When it's dirty it can look like a POS pretty quickly.

To be honest, Black Sapphire Pearl was not my first color choice; I had to take it because it was the only color IS my dealer had which had the options I wanted. Since I got it, I've really gotten to love the color - when the sun hits the paint just right it really brings out the midnight blue color. It's a real eye catcher. And another good thing is that it's not the most common color for an IS, so it really stands out...

I really wanted this color because it's got such a pearlescent beauty, but I saw a few-days-unwashed one on the dealer lot and could really see all the dust and pollen. So I took their only desert sage instead - it's a unique color and I've only seen one other one in the Bay Area so far.

Plus, that dark a car + black leather = stifling in the summer. :)

I really wanted this color because it's got such a pearlescent beauty, but I saw a few-days-unwashed one on the dealer lot and could really see all the dust and pollen. So I took their only desert sage instead - it's a unique color and I've only seen one other one in the Bay Area so far.

O three huge tips if you are getting the black on black IS 250

1 - Make sure to have enough money for frequent car washes or buy a powerwasher and other supplies

2 - Buy a sunshade to keep your car cooler

3 - And if you are worried about dust get a california duster and take 5 minutes every three days to dust it down... this product makes it shine

1 - Make sure to have enough money for frequent car washes or buy a powerwasher and other supplies

3 - And if you are worried about dust get a california duster and take 5 minutes every three days to dust it down... this product makes it shine

That's advice I could definitely use. Could you tell me what a california duster is? My brand new black on black 350 attracts dust like none other and I want desperately to keep it clean.

Any other advice on keeping it clean is also greatly appreciated!

That's advice I could definitely use. Could you tell me what a california duster is? My brand new black on black 350 attracts dust like none other and I want desperately to keep it clean.

Any other advice on keeping it clean is also greatly appreciated!

Ok well if you live near pepboys, they will definately have it. Try another car shop if you dont live near a pepboys. When you get it, let it air out for a day or two and than do it on your car every three days if you feel like it or sooner. It leaves the car with a nice shine. Aside from that your car will pick up dirt and bird crap so if you dont have time to wash your own car just take it to the car wash every two weeks or three. If you are interested in buying materials to wash your car let me know. PM me. I have some great products. Here is a picture of the duster.post-45330-1183962617_thumb.jpg

My old TL was that color--it's awesome when it's clean, which is infrequent. Acura only offered it with the tan interior (which was similar to Cashmere), and I think that worked great. I have a Tungsten Pearl IS with Sterling interior--I bet that would look great with Black Saphire exterior--the seats are gray, but the carpets are black. I'm really happy with it.

Sorry--no pics.

My old TL was that color--it's awesome when it's clean, which is infrequent. Acura only offered it with the tan interior (which was similar to Cashmere), and I think that worked great. I have a Tungsten Pearl IS with Sterling interior--I bet that would look great with Black Saphire exterior--the seats are gray, but the carpets are black. I'm really happy with it.

Sorry--no pics.

I would take a pic but it really doesn't come out that great to post. I have the Black Shappire with the Cashmere - which is a classic combination - really nice contrast interior to exterior. Best just to look on dealer lots or on the lexus website for color combos. I don't think you can go wrong with any interior color with the Black Shappire - what is nice aobu that exterior color is you get real depth to the colr - sometimes it looks black other times blue. Best of luck

I have a California Duster that I've used since 1994 and it still works great. This is the 4th car for it. Mine is Matador Red, and as long as I keep wax and sealant on it I can just dust off the car whenever it's needed and it shines just like new. Since we haven't had a lot of rain this year I've only had to go to the car wash a couple times.

Is the carpet black no matter what color interior you choose? :huh:

Not Cashmere--there's some black trim on the front console on the tranny tunnel, but carpets are tan. Carpets, tranny tunnel and seatbelts are black on Sterling.

Hi, I've been stalking these forums for a few months now, and I finally bought an IS350 a little less than a month ago. I got a Black Sapphire Pearl with Sterling interior. I have the navigation, but not ML, and heated/vented seats. So far my only mods are: 30% ceramic tint and I should be getting window vents today. I love the car, already have 1200 miles on it!

These forums have been great, I've seen a lot of helpful information, and hopefully I can contribute some information later down the road.

Sean

2581937500000DSC00111.JPG

2581976562501DSC00112.JPG

2581985937502DSC00115.JPG

2581995312503DSC00116.JPG

3046046875000DSC00122.JPG

2582007812504DSC00119.JPG

Another way to see various color combos is to go on cars.com and search the used stock (use a big search radius), or check ebay motors. Better sellers have lots of pix.

Hi, I've been stalking these forums for a few months now, and I finally bought an IS350 a little less than a month ago. I got a Black Sapphire Pearl with Sterling interior. I have the navigation, but not ML, and heated/vented seats. So far my only mods are: 30% ceramic tint and I should be getting window vents today. I love the car, already have 1200 miles on it!

These forums have been great, I've seen a lot of helpful information, and hopefully I can contribute some information later down the road.

Sean

Nice pics.

Sean

Nice pics.

Nice color combo.

Sean

hey man

is it necessary to get a ceramic tint? will a normal tint affect the comfort access, thats the unlocking of the door and all of that without using the key.

Also is 30 dark enough you think? it looks dark from far away, but not close up, its really nice though congrats

later

hey man

is it necessary to get a ceramic tint? will a normal tint affect the comfort access, thats the unlocking of the door and all of that without using the key.

Also is 30 dark enough you think? it looks dark from far away, but not close up, its really nice though congrats

later

Thanks italiandude.

The guys at the tint shop told me that normal metallic tint would interfere with the navigation, I've also seen on the net that some people say it can interfere with the key, but I'm not sure. All of my previous vehicles had 5% limo tint all the way around, so 30% is nowhere near as dark as I'm used to. The guys told me that 30% is as dark as they have out for ceramic tint, otherwise I would have gone darker. Depending on the light 30% is pretty dark (not legal on front windows :whistles: ), but I think you can still see shadows even at it's "darkest".

Sean