Another Noobie With Questions!

Lash

Hi guys! I was posting her last year when I thought I was getting an LS400. That one fell through, but a week ago I finally found one. It's a 98 in GREAT shape...98,000 miles. Of course, I totally love the car. Here's my question though. There's a slight flat spot upon light acceleration that I notice in low gear. Since the motor will be apart for timing belt anyway, we'll change plugs, etc too. (I don't know when it was tuned last). As far as plugs...do you REALLY have to use the Densos ($13 a piece locally). Has anyone used good ol Champs or Autolites? I also see Accel has plugs for the car.

Also...the tires on the car seem all wrong.. Bridgestone Potenza 009s...they're noisy and a bit hard riding. So, suggestions on tires will be welcome too. Thanks in advance!

NGK 1FR6T11 Iridium plugs can be obtained from most parts houses for less than $8.00 each, and are recommended for this car. Denso Iridium plugs are also available from some of the same sources for about the same price.

Lots of debate to be found on tires. Seems largely a matter of opinion. Do a search and decide what may be best for you.

Good luck, and I'm glad you found the car you like.

NGK 1FR6T11 Iridium plugs can be obtained from most parts houses for less than $8.00 each, and are recommended for this car. Denso Iridium plugs are also available from some of the same sources for about the same price.

Lots of debate to be found on tires. Seems largely a matter of opinion. Do a search and decide what may be best for you.

Thanks for the info. If anyone else has any plug or tires advice, bring it on!

Now...ANOTHER question. The headlight lenses on my last car had yellowed/clouded really badly. On the LS they're still nice and clear. Anything I shood do to KEEP them that way? Thanks again!

Thanks for the info. If anyone else has any plug or tires advice, bring it on!

Now...ANOTHER question. The headlight lenses on my last car had yellowed/clouded really badly. On the LS they're still nice and clear. Anything I shood do to KEEP them that way? Thanks again!

I use Bosch Platinum +4.. everything seems to be okey..

On the tires.. i am running on 19" TSW with 34 offset, tires is Kuhmo Ecsta 235/35/R19.... i did not notice any diffrenece on the ride as my ride is not lowered.. i'll find out soon if ti will make a difference if it gets lowered.. will port opinion..

Just wanted to bump this. The tires on this car are driving me insane. Anyone else have any suggestions? I put Yoko Avid T4s on my LHS and they seem pretty ok for a not real expensive tire. But I'd love to hear from others. Thanks.

Hi guys! I was posting her last year when I thought I was getting an LS400. That one fell through, but a week ago I finally found one. It's a 98 in GREAT shape...98,000 miles. Of course, I totally love the car. Here's my question though. There's a slight flat spot upon light acceleration that I notice in low gear. Since the motor will be apart for timing belt anyway, we'll change plugs, etc too. (I don't know when it was tuned last). As far as plugs...do you REALLY have to use the Densos ($13 a piece locally). Has anyone used good ol Champs or Autolites? I also see Accel has plugs for the car.

Also...the tires on the car seem all wrong.. Bridgestone Potenza 009s...they're noisy and a bit hard riding. So, suggestions on tires will be welcome too. Thanks in advance!