Sc300 Aftermarket Double-din Nav?

he guys...

I just got my SC300 and the first thing I wanna change is the headunit... so:

I'm buying a Pioneer Avic3 and the basic question is how to hook it up to the factory system?

Can I still use the factory amp(s)?

I don't wanna rewire the whole car... so what's the right way to connect the Pioneer to the factory cabling so everything works (speakers and sub?).

I won't need the factory CD-changer btw!

thanks

Mat

Smart move. Pretty much anything for the Lexus is a custom fab replacement as there aren't any install kits for it. The good news is that once it is done, no more worries. I recently went through this when I replaced my headunit. You CANNOT continue to use the amp as mixing it with a solid aftermarket amplified deck only creates problems and will burn out either the amp or the speakers. You can use the stock speakers with an aftermarket headunit although they won't give off anywhere near the kind of sound that a good set of aftermarket speakers will. If I were keeping my SC I would replace all of the stock speakers that I currently have hooked up to my DXZ675USB Clarion deck but since I'm selling the thing there isn't much point in that.

short question added:

will the pioneer fit flawless or will i need anything to fill gaps?

pioneer is a doubledin... but it seems that the oem headunit is even bigger ?

short question added:

The oem spot is actually 2.5 din, so if you have anything else to put in that 1/2 din then do so (i.e. Equalizer..etc..) but I didn't. I got a custom fabrication done in my SC300 and it looks great. Not much was needed except for some minor adjustments to the mounting and then some ABS plastic to fill the 1/2 spot and a 1 din tray (which is really nice to have). I had a pro shop here in MD do it for me but it didn't seem to hard. The speakers where all wired directly through the wire harness into the Pioneer DEH-P4900iB head unit I bought. The oem amp was bypassed and I don't use it nor the sub.. (probably gonna take it out) Instead I have a 1200watt sony amp and two 12" Eclipse subs in a box in the trunk. I will post some pics up but I think you get the point. Good luck with your install.

short question added:

Nothing will fit without gaps, you just need to fill in the .5-1" gap below the unit. Easy for a stereo shop, but maybe not so much for the rest of us. I'm having a complete Alpine system next Monday...can't FREAKIN' wait!!! I will have the Alpine touchscreen 2" DIN unit, coaxial and component 6"-rs (customized door mounts), a MRV-1345 amp for the system and a SWR-1242D 12" subwoofer and MRP-M650 sub amp. I bought everything but the headunit at Onlinecarstereo.com. Great prices and lots to choose from.

Good luck!