Is 250 - Warring!

I had a car accident two weeks ago on the free way.

IS-250 car was broken down, but no airbags came out.

Last week, I contacted to Lexus custom care.

They called me that they wanted to see the car and explain why the airbags didn't come out so I gave them where my car was and my insurance information.

Today, a Lexus department speciallist called me. He said they won't see the car because I didn't die and my insurance company will pay all for the accident. I was so fraustrated by him.

Do you think Lexus custom care is right?

I grad to listen your advice, thank you.

Here is my car's picture now!

http://photo.store.qq.com/http_imgload.cgi...2baaca63bbafb0f

Perhaps more details of the accident would be helpful.

Were you hit from behind? because if so, your airbags will not come out. The airbag sensors are in the front and sides only. I believe I read that in the owners manual.

Were you hit from behind? because if so, your airbags will not come out. The airbag sensors are in the front and sides only. I believe I read that in the owners manual.

By the looks of the picture I have to say YES, he was hit from behind.

Hopefully, you're ok. Cars can be replaced, your life is priceless.

Damn idiots out there.

It is not only Lexus or the ISs, most cars are designed that way. Only a frontal impact will engage the front air bags and sideway impact the side / window air bags. Once you know how much it costs to replace an air bag (sorry no air bag is reusable) and that air bags offer no protection from rear impacts, it actually makes a lot of sense not to have the air bags jumping out from any collision.

The photo seems to show that the Lexus IS is doing exactly what it is designed to do. A rear crumble zone absorbed the impact and a rigid cage projected whoever in the car.

OMG! :o

I'm just glad you're okay.

Props to Lexus for allowing you to get hit that hard and still be here to talk about it.

I agree with the other comments and I was thinking the same before I even read that far down.

You were hit from behind.

If it was from an angle or from the front, you would have certainly seen airbags... but you may not have been so lucky in terms of health either.

What happened...

Did you run out of gas?

Why were you stopped (broken down)?

You ware hit in the rear, air bags only go on certain hit zones, and they ware not supposed to go, so no need to blame Lexus. Airbags wouldnt have done you any good, only bad.

Glad you'r ok ;)

Hey VIR2... I noticed your signature:

2007 IS220d (yes, its diesel, lexus and it's faster then your is350)

I had never heard of the IS220d so I looked it up.

The stats I found were:

177Hp 2.2-liter, 4cylinder turbo-diesel engine

0 to 100 km/h (62mph) in 8.9 seconds

Top Speed of 135

44 MPG average

Is this correct, cause if so, I don't see it being faster than the IS350.

Just curious... :blushing:

After looking at that picture, I have to say that whether or not your airbags deployed should be the least of your worries. Were you in the car at the time? Did you walk away? That's what's important, especially since the owner's manual specifies that rear-end collisions are designed not to deploy the airbags.

Scott M, yes, it was a little sarcasm, because some people say that diesel engine does not belong in Lexus :) But I have a diesel chip in mine and I roughtly have ~190whp on dyno, yet I cant remember torque numbers, but it reaches 0-100 km in 6.9-7sec, so it's kind of fast for an economy (diesel) car.

By the way, these diesels have a lot of power on highways, when I switch my traction control off and kick in 3/4 gear going 120-130km/s it spins tires pretty rough, and I'm able to catch my son's Supra on highway.

• 4 weeks later...