Help W/ Front Stabilizer Link Removal

Chip L

'90 LS400

Removing Air suspension / Installing coilovers

Rear strut install was fairly easy. Front install proving more difficult

I cannot remove the nuts from either the upper or lower front stabilizer bar links. The nuts were difficult to budge but now they just turn with the nut (which I cannot access) and will not remove.

Thoughts / tricks appreciates

Chip L

dont think you need to disassemble that much (the stabilizer bar) to replace the front shocks, you just need to

0- jack up your car

1- remove the bold and nut that holds the lower end of the shock (item 1460 (106,143) in this manual

2- loosen the nuts holding the upper ends of the shock

3- remove the clip and nut that holds the upper arm and the steering knuckle (item 660(48,65))

4- use a puller to pull apart the steering knuckle from upper control arm you can then lower the suspension enough to remove the old shock and replace new one

good luck

_stabiliz_stabilizer_bar.pdf

• 6 months later...

If you look at the end of the threaded portion the bolt is turning, it accepts an allen bit to prevent constant spinning. That should let you hold it while turning the nut. However, I just replaced mine and the allen portion stripped so I ended up having to take a hacksaw/dremel and cutting the links off so I could replace them.

Good luck.