Few Questions About These Cars.

Hello everyone. I'm new to these cars, but have liked them for quite some time now. I'm selling my 2002 WRX because I'm moving to Florida for school. Figured I'm not going to be driving as much so I'd get a more comfortable car.

I was looking at a GS. I'm selling the WRX for (hopefully) $11,000 so my price range is $15,000. So from what I've seen on Autotrader and Ebay I'm looking at 1998-2003 year range and most of those are the GS300 and with a few high miles GS430 and 400's. most of the cars have around 70-100k miles on them also. Since I'm moving and will be paying for an apartment, college, and gas :censored: I would like to get a fairly reliable car. Basicly I don't want to be taking it to the dealer weekly even monthly for things going wrong. I know that since its a used car it's not going to be perfect. So how reliable are these cars at higher miles?

To sum it up I want either an

GS300

GS400

GS430

and I wanted to know which one is the most reliable with the least maintenance?

My price range is a max of $15,000.

I'm also 19 years old.

If yall think these cars are to expensive for me go ahead and say so. Next in line would be a Honda Accord <_<

Thank you for any imput.

Hello everyone. I'm new to these cars, but have liked them for quite some time now. I'm selling my 2002 WRX because I'm moving to Florida for school. Figured I'm not going to be driving as much so I'd get a more comfortable car.

I was looking at a GS. I'm selling the WRX for (hopefully) $11,000 so my price range is $15,000. So from what I've seen on Autotrader and Ebay I'm looking at 1998-2003 year range and most of those are the GS300 and with a few high miles GS430 and 400's. most of the cars have around 70-100k miles on them also. Since I'm moving and will be paying for an apartment, college, and gas :censored: I would like to get a fairly reliable car. Basicly I don't want to be taking it to the dealer weekly even monthly for things going wrong. I know that since its a used car it's not going to be perfect. So how reliable are these cars at higher miles?

To sum it up I want either an

GS300

GS400

GS430

and I wanted to know which one is the most reliable with the least maintenance?

My price range is a max of $15,000.

I'm also 19 years old.

If yall think these cars are to expensive for me go ahead and say so. Next in line would be a Honda Accord <_<

Thank you for any imput.

GS300, Less expensive to maintain and a bit easier on the gas. And enough power to get you around. Good Luck. Welcome to the club :cheers:

Is there a certain year that is the most reliable? (I'm assuming the newer the better)

I have a 98 2nd gen and only had to replace a fuel injector 5 years ago. I do keep my lex well maintained. So it is up to you what year you prefer.

all the above cars are great. each with it's own purpose.

if you just wanna cruise or have the potential to boost the 2jz go with the 300.

if you want factory power and the throaty v8 sound get the 400

they are all pretty much bulletproof. the only thing you can do wrong is hydrolock a lexus. then you are screwed.

I don't think I'll be doing any mods to the car other then exterior, and system mods. Its good to know that if I wanted to I could mod it though ;)

Tooon, Post some pics of your "NEW" car when you can. :cheers:

Tooon, Post some pics of your "NEW" car when you can. :cheers:

Will do. Guy called about my car this morning hopefully hes the buyer I've been looking for. If not I'm gonna go to a lexus dealer, and see how much they wanna give me for my WRX. I'll be sure to post some pics up of my car once I get it. B)

I spent about a month doing research, trying to decide what next car to buy. It had to be comfortable for short hops, as well as long trips. Had to be decent looking, awesome looking would be better. Decent gas mileage. Between $10k and $15k. But mostly, it had to be bullet proof. It had to still be a good car AFTER it was paid for. I almost was heading for a Camry, or a slightly older Avalon. Then I found these GS models were in my price range, and I hunted and searched for trouble histories on them. Found very, very little. They fit the bill p0erfectly!

3 weeks now with my GS, and I'm not looking back! B)

Go for it!! :cheers:

We're in the same boat! ;) We just sold our Subaru Impreza Wagon and bought a '98 GS300. We LOVE it! It's peppy when you need it to be and it's really comfortable. Gas milage on it is not as good as the Suby though. :pirate: One of the best things about this model Lexus is that not much changed between '98 to '05. So anyone that doesn't know any better thinks we've got a newer Lexus. :whistles:

And just as an FYI, we bought ours with approx 125k miles on it and it still runs like a new one. Believe me on this, we test drove a lot of GS300s before buying this one. We even saw one that had over 200k miles on it still running like it was new.

Suby's are great cars but you definately can't go wrong with a Lexus. The only problem for us now is we don't have AWD. :(

Yea I will miss the AWD, but I can live without it being 5spd in traffic most of the time :censored: . I wont be driving as much when I move to Florida because school will be walking distance away. I love the wrx. If it was automatic I'd probably keep it forever :cheers: . Lexus seems like a great trade though. Been looking at a few dealerships, and test driving a few diffrent cars. If I can't be behind the wheel of a Lexus GS300 then I'll want to behind either a Pontiac Grand Prix GT 2006 modle, or a honda Accord v6 sedan. Some big diffrences between those cars, but they are the only ones I would want to drive for the next good few years.