Oil Changes

I suppose there are not a lot of owners of cars like LS 460s that do there own maintenance, but I like to do this kind of stuff myself. Anyone out there changed the oil in the new LS 460?

If so, any suggestions / tips?

Also, I am a big fan of quality synthetic oils, but for some reason, my Lexus dealer does not recommend it. Nearly all other high-end auto manufacturers recommend synthetic. Perhaps Lexus would prefer to see you every 5,000 for a service call rather than 15,000 to 17,000 for cars with oil change monitors that run synthetic? Any comments?

I run synthetic in mine.

I still wouldn't change it at a 15k interval though, I still change mine every 5k. Its cheap and if anything ever does go wrong you're assured that your responsibilities have been covered.

I run synthetic in mine.

I still wouldn't change it at a 15k interval though, I still change mine every 5k. Its cheap and if anything ever does go wrong you're assured that your responsibilities have been covered.

Sw, Did you buy a 460 ?

I agree with your 5,000 mile suggestion as Lexus reommends it. But I have personally run vehicles over 250,000 changing the oil every 15-17k and even at high mileage, burn no oil.

So while the 5,000 interval is probably very conservative, you are right that it is cheap insurance.

Doe anyone change their own oil?