Gx Vs Rx Interior Dimensions And Hp Questions...

MCF34

I am a little confused...looking at the RX specifications vs. the GX specifications, I am surprised to find the following:

The RX actually has more HP than the GX even though it only has a 6 cylinder. GX does have more torque with the V8.

The RX actually has more front row leg room and front row shoulder room than the GX...

The GX does have slightly more front seat headroom.

The RX also has more cargo volume....

All of the above really surprised me as the GX is the big brother to the RX. Any thoughts??

I am a little confused...looking at the RX specifications vs. the GX specifications, I am surprised to find the following:

The RX actually has more HP than the GX even though it only has a 6 cylinder. GX does have more torque with the V8.

The RX actually has more front row leg room and front row shoulder room than the GX...

The GX does have slightly more front seat headroom.

The RX also has more cargo volume....

All of the above really surprised me as the GX is the big brother to the RX. Any thoughts??

It's really hard to compare the two. First of all, the Rx is car based, while the GX is truck based. Ride and feel will be TOTALLY different. HP, Torque, yes they seem weird, but the GX has the power to tow more, than the RX, even with the HP discrepancy.

If you are looking at the technical aspects of leg and shoulder room, idk. It's all up to you as to what you feel comfortable, but it is two different animals. Besides, personally I think the RX has a really BAD blindspot, because of the design. But what do you want out of this comparison, planning on buying a new car, just deciding between the RX and GX?!?!?

Go sit in both cars, I dont care what the dimension saids, the GX's front seats are more comfortable. The back seat and cargo is about the same. While both SUV have similar HP, they accelarate differently. The torque on that big V8 pulls you off the line smoothly with a nice V8 note, while the RX sounds like it laboring. If you look at the dimension of both SUV, you will see that the GX is only 1.4 wider and 2 inches longer. The GX just looks much bigger because its taller.

• 11 months later...

I agree, they are different vehicles.

I owned a '04 RX & hated it but love the GX. The RX felt & drove like a car. Just parking the two in the same garage space, the GX is larger. The GX was the answer to all the things I didn't like about the RX. It sits up higher, accelerates better, & handles towing better. I couldn't tell much of a difference in the interior room. The 3rd seats are in the garage. It all depends on what you like. You should buy the one you love! It makes the expensive payments easier! :)