Warning Idicator Lights

lexus05ecb

I have a 05 IS300 and this light that looks like a headlight with arrows above and below it keep coming on. I look in the manual and it tells me to take the car to the dealer. I'd rather now considering it will probably cost me. Any idea what this is??????

Sounds like the self leveling motors or having an issue. I would turn the car on in the garage ( While it's dark) and look at the wall in front of you and see if the lights rise and fall, then center together. If not, then you may need to just replace a headlight unit. If that's ehat it is let me know, I can get the IS300 headlight sets pretty cheap, and they are genuine toyota parts, with leveling motors, and new gaskets. You just swap in your bulbs.

* one note though, changing out the headlight units is an almost all day affair. Bumper and grill have to come off, etc. etc. I am about change mine out. I bought a new set, opened them and painted the inside black and put in the halo / demon eyes. I'm installing them next week. I was going to post pics afterwards on my thread.

Did you have any suspension work done on the car lately? Still may want to try the dealership if still under warranty. I think there is an adjustment near the rear suspension that may cause your light. Think there was a post about it somewhere in here.