Check Engine Light - More Problems?

chrisls400

i'm new to the club and had a quick question to see if anyone has encountered this. i have a 95 ls 400 with 211,000 miles and have never had an issue with my motor until about a month ago when the check engine light came on. naturally i had it checked out immediately to find that it was only an oxygen sensor, but the mechanic said it was such a weak signal he couldn't tell which of the 4 was going bad. so i let it go, and the light has been off and on. last night while driving, i felt a flutter through the pedal like driving on a bumpy road for about 4 seconds, then my check engine light started blinking for about 3 seconds, then stayed on. it is still running fine, but the light is still on. has anyone encountered this and if so, would you have any suggestions. my initial thought was that a new problem occured, but i'm not sure. i'm getting ready to take it on a 600 mile round trip so i'm a little uneasy. thanks.

i'm new to the club and had a quick question to see if anyone has encountered this. i have a 95 ls 400 with 211,000 miles and have never had an issue with my motor until about a month ago when the check engine light came on. naturally i had it checked out immediately to find that it was only an oxygen sensor, but the mechanic said it was such a weak signal he couldn't tell which of the 4 was going bad. so i let it go, and the light has been off and on. last night while driving, i felt a flutter through the pedal like driving on a bumpy road for about 4 seconds, then my check engine light started blinking for about 3 seconds, then stayed on. it is still running fine, but the light is still on. has anyone encountered this and if so, would you have any suggestions. my initial thought was that a new problem occured, but i'm not sure. i'm getting ready to take it on a 600 mile round trip so i'm a little uneasy. thanks.

You have to pull the code/codes before anything can be done. I think autozone will do it for free. But any shop should be able to do it.

You have to pull the code/codes before anything can be done. I think autozone will do it for free. But any shop should be able to do it.

Okay thanks for the info. I'll get it checked out. I appreciate the help.

Okay thanks for the info. I'll get it checked out. I appreciate the help.

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...?showtopic=3725 Thanks Sk :cheers: