Cd Problems & Homelink Garage Door Opener Problems

Payton34

Oh wise ones, need your help....

Just bought my 2003 IS a couple of weeks ago, well the CD player started coming up with the error1 message, so I cleaned the cd and still nothing. Now when I put a cd in it just spins and spins, so I guess it's broke and need to send it some where. So my question is where do I send it or is it just cheaper to buy a new one and where do I purchase it?

Next problem is I have a Sears garage door opener and I'm having trouble programming the Homelink buttons in the car. Since may car didn't come with a owners manual I'm using what was posted on here and wonder if it's right?

If anyone has had problems with these things I would appreciate your help.

Thanks

Just bought my 2003 IS a couple of weeks ago, well the CD player started coming up with the error1 message, so I cleaned the cd and still nothing. Now when I put a cd in it just spins and spins, so I guess it's broke and need to send it some where. So my question is where do I send it or is it just cheaper to buy a new one and where do I purchase it?

Next problem is I have a Sears garage door opener and I'm having trouble programming the Homelink buttons in the car. Since may car didn't come with a owners manual I'm using what was posted on here and wonder if it's right?

Thanks

I'll look into a changer for you. Hold tight. Welcome to the club :cheers:

Thanks

I'll look into a changer for you. Hold tight. Welcome to the club :cheers:

Thanks for the help. Also wonder if you have heard of this problem, when I play my IPOD thru the tape deck sometimes the volume goes up and down on my ipod making it way to loud or nothing at all....Ever heard of that problem.

Next Lexus I buy will be from a Lexus dealer, oh well you live and u learn.

Thanks Again

Payton34

Okay, Error 1 means you have a disc in the 1 bay that is unplayable. Maybe the disc is upside down, or your playing a recorded disc with no TOC on it and it won't load. Try a different disc.

Are you using a cassette converter for your ipod? ( Looks like a cassette on one end and a jack on the other for the ipod? If so, that's your problem. Not the Lexus persay, but the tape heads can pick up electrical interference quite easily, and when working with digital signals can be very sensative. In CD players during D/A converting it's known as Jitter. A much smaller scale though. You would be better off using an FM transponder anyway. It's a craddle that plugs into your ipod and you tune the stereo to 98.9 and B) !!

To program the garage door opener you need to determine if you have a rolling code system. If so, you have to program it off the training button on the unit on the ceiling in the garage. Press the training button, you now have 30 seconds to run to the car. Press the button you want to assign to the garage twice for a second each time. The garage should open, if not push the link button one more time, this should complete it and the garage door will now open. I've noticed that in my car I have to press the link button for a couple of seconds before the garage activates. I'm not sure why that is. But on the better note, the range is awsome. I can open the garage door from around the corner now. I never could do that before. When I turn onto my street the garage door is almost all the way up already. That's nice.

If my directions on this are off or you can't make it work off that, the link that Bartkat left you is a good one. And there is also the owners manual loaded on this site somewhere. Iv'e seen it here.

Welcome by the way. I'm also pretty new here. It's a great forum, and Iv'e already met some really nice people.

Hope this helps.