Hid Headlight Conversion Kit

tofu

I want to convert my 95 LS400 headlights to HID with one of the conversion kits that is being sold on ebay.

Has anyone had this done to their cars?? Any suggestions will be appreciated.

I would only buy from this guy if I were you...if you want high quality and a great price. He's on ebay. Thats his store. Very good prices and oem lexus ballasts and philips hid rebased bulbs. http://motors.search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZintegra9006hid

I bought mine from him a couple of years ago and still no problems at all. Great deal..

I would only buy from this guy if I were you...if you want high quality and a great price. He's on ebay. Thats his store. Very good prices and oem lexus ballasts and philips hid rebased bulbs. http://motors.search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZintegra9006hid

I bought mine from him a couple of years ago and still no problems at all. Great deal..

Thank you lexus082.

• 1 month later...

I just bought this kit from ebay and wanted some feedback on the install. Where did you mount the ballasts and how did you plug in to your stock harness? Any help is appreciated.

Any pics of the parts, install, lights on, and beam pattern?

Any pics of the parts, install, lights on, and beam pattern?

I am installing the kit in my 96 this weekend. I will snap some photos and let you know how they turn out. You can see the product pics on ebay.

is there a hid conversion kit for 1990 ls400?

Yes it will be a 9004 kit. However, you will either lose your high beams or it will be a compromised "filiment arc shifting" solution that does not provide the true proper pattern and will glare everything in sight.

is there a hid conversion kit for 1990 ls400?

I just upgraded my 2001 Mustang Convertible to projection headlights and HID.

The new headlight assemblies where $150 on Ebay including shipping and the H3 HID kit w/Hella Ballasts was $100 including shipping.

Stunningly impressive even with the SHARP cutoff of the high side HID beam pattern provided by the projector lens and apperture.

The are several types of HID hi/lo kits available, most, and the best, move the HID light source electromechanically from one position to the other for hi/lo operation.

The new headlight assemblies where $150 on Ebay including shipping and the H3 HID kit w/Hella Ballasts was $100 including shipping.

Stunningly impressive even with the SHARP cutoff of the high side HID beam pattern provided by the projector lens and apperture.

The are several types of HID hi/lo kits available, most, and the best, move the HID light source electromechanically from one position to the other for hi/lo operation.

You definitely did it the correct way--utilizing new projector beams that have the proper pattern to "contain" HID output. Unfortunately, there is no projector retrofit available for 1gen LS400, and we are stuck with the awful glass lens that actually produces the "pattern". These make for an awful glare problem when simply replacing the 9004 bulb with an HID kit.

The Hi/Low kits that move the filiment are less than ideal for 1gen LS400 applications, as again, the pattern on the glass headlight housing of the LS400 does not provide a proper pattern for the now-moved Hi-beam light source.

You definitely did it the correct way--utilizing new projector beams that have the proper pattern to "contain" HID output. Unfortunately, there is no projector retrofit available for 1gen LS400, and we are stuck with the awful glass lens that actually produces the "pattern". These make for an awful glare problem when simply replacing the 9004 bulb with an HID kit.

The Hi/Low kits that move the filiment are less than ideal for 1gen LS400 applications, as again, the pattern on the glass headlight housing of the LS400 does not provide a proper pattern for the now-moved Hi-beam light source.

Since the fog lights are virtually useless anyway I have often thought about using their housing as a start. Buy a "take-off/out" (presumably from a totalled out wreck) bi-xenon projector set and retrofit them into the LS400 fog light assembly.