Es330 Navigation System

new to forum and lexus. just purchased 2005 ES330 and would like to have a nav system installed. i don't have the technical skills that other members have. recommendations?

Do you want original equipment nav?

new to forum and lexus. just purchased 2005 ES330 and would like to have a nav system installed. i don't have the technical skills that other members have. recommendations?

i had looked at some earlier posts in the forum and saw reference to eclipse fujistu 10 site. not that important that it be original equipment. still trying to decide whether to install vs. purchasing a portable device (e.g., garmin, etc.).

i had looked at some earlier posts in the forum and saw reference to eclipse fujistu 10 site. not that important that it be original equipment. still trying to decide whether to install vs. purchasing a portable device (e.g., garmin, etc.).

If you decide on a factory install I have a nav for you.

• 3 weeks later...

I am a new member to the forum and I'm doing my best not to ask the stupid questions. I just upgraded my 1992 ES300 to a 2004 ES330. I too, do not have NAV in the ES330 and am looking to see if I can upgrade. I spent the good part of last night googling for my answer and I think I have about half the information I was hoping for. Unfortunately, in my research, I've come across conflicting information.

Can I replace the current OEM radio/tape deck/disk changer with an OEM NAV unit, assuming I can get a hold of one? Based upon other posts, it looks like the upgrade is possible, but I was given information from an ex-Lexus salesman who said the dashboards are completely different for the ES330s with NAV than without - this doesn't seem reasonable to me though. Will the OEM NAV fit the same opening as the OEM unit that is currently in the dash? Are there any other pieces of computer oriented hardware or other mounting harnesses that will be required to have it installed, wired and functioning? Another question - if I want to interface XM radio (preferably not a stand alone unit like the roadie), is this possible? Lastly, assuming I can do this, does anyone have a recommendation of the best place to buy the NAV unit? Thanks - I hope these questions aren't too redundant for the forum.

I am a new member to the forum and I'm doing my best not to ask the stupid questions. I just upgraded my 1992 ES300 to a 2004 ES330. I too, do not have NAV in the ES330 and am looking to see if I can upgrade. I spent the good part of last night googling for my answer and I think I have about half the information I was hoping for. Unfortunately, in my research, I've come across conflicting information.

Can I replace the current OEM radio/tape deck/disk changer with an OEM NAV unit, assuming I can get a hold of one? Based upon other posts, it looks like the upgrade is possible, but I was given information from an ex-Lexus salesman who said the dashboards are completely different for the ES330s with NAV than without - this doesn't seem reasonable to me though. Will the OEM NAV fit the same opening as the OEM unit that is currently in the dash? Are there any other pieces of computer oriented hardware or other mounting harnesses that will be required to have it installed, wired and functioning? Another question - if I want to interface XM radio (preferably not a stand alone unit like the roadie), is this possible? Lastly, assuming I can do this, does anyone have a recommendation of the best place to buy the NAV unit? Thanks - I hope these questions aren't too redundant for the forum.

The difference is the trim piece around the radio. I have the comlpete nav/trim package if interested.

First off, your saleman is correct - the dash panels for the nav equipped and non nav equipped are completely different. My wife's es330 has the nav package, whereby the screen rotates down to reveal not only the dvd slot for nav upgrades, but a single slot CD player as well. The non nav car does not have the opening for the screen nor the mechanics behind it, but I suspect that the dash behind its trim pieces would be hollow. The nav unit is above the radio/HVAC and completely separate from it. If you can find a source for the dash trim pieces, the nav unit itself, and the windshield mounted antenna and associated wiring harnesses, go for it. If not you might be better off going with a portable unit.

First off, your saleman is correct - the dash panels for the nav equipped and non nav equipped are completely different. My wife's es330 has the nav package, whereby the screen rotates down to reveal not only the dvd slot for nav upgrades, but a single slot CD player as well. The non nav car does not have the opening for the screen nor the mechanics behind it, but I suspect that the dash behind its trim pieces would be hollow. The nav unit is above the radio/HVAC and completely separate from it. If you can find a source for the dash trim pieces, the nav unit itself, and the windshield mounted antenna and associated wiring harnesses, go for it. If not you might be better off going with a portable unit.

The nav's that I have do come with the nav trim, wiring harness, amp, antenna,4th gen nav update and the rear view camera. The install can be done in 2 hours start to finish and it is a factory fit/finish/color. Like so...........

post-1634-1180573793_thumb.jpg

The above quoted post is your best alternative since there will need to be extensive rewiring, plus a new harness and other parts that has to be ordered from Lexus parts...expensive. Save yourself the aggrevation and expense by trying to do this modification and buy a portable GPS, as said above.

• 4 months later...
The nav's that I have do come with the nav trim, wiring harness, amp, antenna,4th gen nav update and the rear view camera. The install can be done in 2 hours start to finish and it is a factory fit/finish/color. Like so...........

Is that screenshot a picture of the 4th Gen NAV update? My initial screen has the Gold Lexus Logo. Is there any additional functionality or benefit other than updated maps that is associated with updating my 2005 ES330's factory NAV disc? You also mentioned a rear view camera. How can this be integrated into my NAV?

• 8 years later...