Just Got My Is250 Awd. I Can Advice On Pricing

Over weekend I traded my Audi 04 S4 V8 with 9800mi into new 07 IS250 AWD with HID and NAV pack with Tungsten Pearl. I am taking delivery in a day.

I really loved my S4 but for regular commuting I would prefer Lexy. I wish I could take IS350 with 6 speed but for New England AWD is better option. For me I have tasted power of 350hp with one of the best sedan in the world S4. It is all about handling and not straight hp. There are so little opportunities in regular ugly roads to appreciate so much power. It is even scary sometimes. I'd rather invest in my driving skills than add more hp.

If anybody needs help as far pricing or any purchasing advice in New England I have personal relationship with Lexus of Walpole and Watertown

• 3 months later...
Over weekend I traded my Audi 04 S4 V8 with 9800mi into new 07 IS250 AWD with HID and NAV pack with Tungsten Pearl. I am taking delivery in a day.

I really loved my S4 but for regular commuting I would prefer Lexy. I wish I could take IS350 with 6 speed but for New England AWD is better option. For me I have tasted power of 350hp with one of the best sedan in the world S4. It is all about handling and not straight hp. There are so little opportunities in regular ugly roads to appreciate so much power. It is even scary sometimes. I'd rather invest in my driving skills than add more hp.

If anybody needs help as far pricing or any purchasing advice in New England I have personal relationship with Lexus of Walpole and Watertown

=======================

Could you please elaborate on why you prefer IS over S4 for daily driving?

Also, could you please draw a comparison between the two cars?

Thanks.

I am looking to make a purchase with the same features you got. How was your deal?

I got a 250AWD, Nav, Lux Pkg, Wood Trim, Headlight Washers, All Weather Mats, MSRP (in May) was 40,601; I got for 36,150. Destination charge has gone up $50 since then.

Thanks for the info tex!

Hey Kisik,

Can you give me some input with shopping in New England? I went to Watertown yesterday, they have my car in stock!!! :)

I bought my IS 250AWD in Westwood. I tried to do same pre purchase internet with remote dealers. Since I needed to trade my S4 it wasn't straight forward. Typically if you can get below $35k with NAV it would be good especially with clearing 07's. For the long terms more than 4 years it doesn't meter if you pay more for 08 model in November. Around 10% under MSRP is not bad. Try the end of the month and NOT in weekends.

Since my Audi's S4 04 value was close I just ended up paying $600 more and they threw rubber mats.

In New England IS350 wouldn't have better value then AWD250 given weather, bad roads, and just honestly not too many places to appreciate bigger engine. I have many Porsches under 240HP and there is no way that just having extra 50-60HP would give something extra. I was so frustrated with my last ultimate all weather S4 with V8 not being able to fully OPEN up. It had no limits. On 6th gear on highway I could push a bit a get 130mhp at no time feeling as if everybody was standing. Scary sometimes. And of cause 11mpg is not very efficient for commuting.