Hey everyone, i'm looking to upgrade the exhaust on my 99 gs300. I want something very loud and throaty which I know will be hard bc there are so many silencers lexus puts in their cars. I also want something that helps my fuel efficiency. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Hey everyone, i'm looking to upgrade the exhaust on my 99 gs300. I want something very loud and throaty which I know will be hard bc there are so many silencers lexus puts in their cars. I also want something that helps my fuel efficiency. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Welcome to the club :cheers:

Borla and Tanabe are both loud/growly, Go with the cat back not the axle back.

Do a custom setup, like magnaflow with some 3 inch piping.

Keep in mind that you need some back pressure.............3" is great for turbo as long as you have headers.............Anyway ???

• 3 weeks later...

i would also recommend getting a cat back exhaust system. However I have 3" piping from the header back because I intend to do the header system soon. without back pressure you do lose some power. the best combo imo is headers, high flow cat, 3" piping, and either tanabe or apexi exhaust. borla is another good option and they have a deep growl to them especially if there are any mods before the exhaust itself.