How To Get European Map Disc For An American Rx 400h

Here is the current reference of my DVD:86271-33044 464210-0582 Data ver. 04.2

We moved to Europe with our car and can not find proper disc with european maps working on our RX 400h.

European dealers have a site where you can connect to get your updates but it doesn't work for a USA Lexus. Does such a site exists in the US?

Can we buy european maps disc?

Thanks for the help

BIMST

The dealer should be able to add the discs they have and then acess the secret menu and change the location of it.

Local dealer in Switzerland never even mentioned the possibility of changing the location through a secret menu. At the moment all they've done is trying the local discs they had but which didn't work and tell me that I needed to change the CD reader for a cost of USD 4,000 with no guarantee that the connectic to the screen will work!! Exciting no!

Can you tell me more about the procedure to access the secret menu and change my GPS location so I can either do it myself or ask the local car dealer to do it for me.

thanks

• 5 months later...
The dealer should be able to add the discs they have and then acess the secret menu and change the location of it.

Local dealer in Switzerland never even mentioned the possibility of changing the location through a secret menu. At the moment all they've done is trying the local discs they had but which didn't work and tell me that I needed to change the CD reader for a cost of USD 4,000 with no guarantee that the connectic to the screen will work!! Exciting no!

Can you tell me more about the procedure to access the secret menu and change my GPS location so I can either do it myself or ask the local car dealer to do it for me.

thanks

Hello bimst.

Did you ever figure this one out? I have been told the same from a norwegian dealer but at a cost of 1200euro for the dvd reader and new screen up front. There must be an easier way of doing this.

Dr.T

• 2 weeks later...

We moved to Europe with our car and can not find proper disc with european maps working on our RX 400h.

European dealers have a site where you can connect to get your updates but it doesn't work for a USA Lexus. Does such a site exists in the US?

Thanks for the help

BIMST

Did you find a solution? I have the same issue with a RX400H in the Netherlands.

Thanks for the help

BIMST

I have the same problem in the Netherlands. Did you find a solution?

• 8 months later...

Thanks for the help

BIMST

I have the same problem in the Netherlands. Did you find a solution?

And I have same issue here in Finland with my GS450h. Any solution found yet?

If you don't mind a GPS sitting on top of the dashboard get a Garmin. I own a Garmin 7500 and I highly recommend it

The prices listed are high, you can find them for less money if you do some reasearch

https://buy.garmin.com/shop/shop.do?cID=134&pID=289

Get big-time mapping and advanced navigation features for your RV, van or truck with the StreetPilot 7500 and 7200. You won't miss a thing, whether you choose the StreetPilot 7200 with preloaded maps and a huge 7-inch touch screen display or the 7500 with all that plus dead-reckoning.

Navigate With Ease

StreetPilot 7500 comes ready to go right out of the box with preloaded City Navigator® NT street maps, including a hefty points of interest (POIs) database with motels, restaurants, fuel, ATMs and more. Simply touch the sunlight-readable color screen or use the remote to enter a destination, and the 7500 takes you there with turn-by-turn voice directions. It even announces the name of exits and streets so you never have to take your eyes off the road. In addition, the 7500 accepts custom points of interest (POIs), such as school zones and safety cameras, and lets you set proximity alerts to warn you of upcoming POIs.

Add Traffic, Weather and Radio

With an optional XM antenna and a subscription to XM services, you can check the weather, monitor traffic tie-ups and listen to XM radio when you travel with the StreetPilot 7500 in the U.S. As an alternative, the 7500 can receive optional TMC traffic alerts (in select cities) when used with a compatible traffic receiver. Simply touch the screen to view traffic details or recalculate your route to avoid traffic.

Stay Entertained

The StreetPilot 7500 comes with several entertainment features to help keep your journey fun, including built-in MP3 and audio book (subscription to Audible.com required) players. In addition to headphones, you can listen to music and books through your vehicle’s stereo thanks to the 7500’s built-in wireless FM transmitter. Volume levels are speed-adjusted, so it gets louder as speed increases, and audio is muted when navigation instructions are given.

Connect your camcorder, DVD player or game box to the 7500 to take advantage of its big screen resolution.

Navigate Without Satellite Signals

For big city drivers, the StreetPilot 7500 includes dead reckoning capabilities, which means it continues to provide position data if you lose signal in areas with tall buildings or tunnels. Professional installation is required.

StreetPilot 7500: The big picture in car navigation.

https://buy.garmin.com/shop/shop.do?pID=6299&pvID=7880

MapSource City Navigator Europe NT on DVD contains detailed road coverage of major metropolitan areas in Europe. Navigate with confidence having motorways, highways, and residential streets at the tip of your finger. City Navigator Europe NT provides automatic route calculations with turn by turn directions on the PC and on NT compatible Garmin units. The data also contains points of interest such as: food and drink, lodging, border crossings, entertainment, shopping, emergency services, petrol stations and more. City Navigator NT makes looking up an address quick and easy and you can even create your own customized waypoints and routes to meet all of your navigational needs. Let Garmin and City Navigator Europe NT help put the fun back in travel. For a list of products that Garmin recommends with this software, see the product compatibility table located in the upper right-hand corner of the City Navigator Europe NT product page

I assume that hardware wise the only restriction is the DVD region number. I also know that copies will not be read from car's DVD player. If you know otherwise maybe you could burn the Europian DVDs after converting them to region free with various tools that exist on the internet. I think I worths the time for the try.

BTW - FYI - I bought the DVD boxset with all Europian countries from a Toyota dealer (4 DVDs). I leave in Athens and the waiting list for a Lexus DVD was something like two months. Toyota uses exactly the same DVD for RAV etc so it worked fine for me. Maybe you could also consult Toyota dealers for your problem.

Hi, I've just moved from the US to the Netherlands with my 2005 RX330 and the Lexus dealer here in Amsterdam told me that it is a software lock that Lexus integrated into the DVD navigation. I have heard murmurs of getting a cracked Euro-DVD that can be used in a US-spec RX but I haven't been able to find anything concrete. I have been searching for a solution but haven't been able to find one except for a complete retrofit which will run >EUR4,000.

If anyone else can point us in the right direction, that would be great as there are a number of us that have moved over and have a VERY expensive compass in our dash! :)

j

• 3 months later...

Hi

If your original NAVI disk is 86271-33044 and you have Toyota Navigation Map Europe Ver 1 2004-2005 (disk or image file) -

it is easy to compose by UltraISO software EU-map disk that will work in your car

• 2 weeks later...
Hi

If your original NAVI disk is 86271-33044 and you have Toyota Navigation Map Europe Ver 1 2004-2005 (disk or image file) -

it is easy to compose by UltraISO software EU-map disk that will work in your car

Can u explain that in more detail please...? Which files do I have to replace? If you don't want to post pls send to ticketexpress@gmx.de / Thanks

Hi

Can u explain that in more detail please...? Which files do I have to replace? If you don't want to post pls send to ticketexpress@gmx.de / Thanks

Naeel, yes please explain!

You mentioned there is an easy way to use the original european DVD, and I guess the orginal US DVD, to create a DVD with european maps that plays in US DVD readers. I guess one would have to create a DVD image with files that the US reader understands, that point to the files which correspond to the european maps from the european DVD. But one would need to play a lot to get it right (if it is possible) so if you know how to do it, please let us know. I have heard rumors but nothing concrete yet.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi

I would love to hear someone have a solution for this issue. If this cannot be posted please, contact me on keyjeybee@yahoo.se THANX in advance :)

• 3 months later...
Hi

I would love to hear someone have a solution for this issue. If this cannot be posted please, contact me on keyjeybee@yahoo.se THANX in advance :)

I live in Romania and my RX400h is from US. I've tried to use an european navigation dvd but it didn't works. Finally I've bought (60 Euros) from the "black" market a dvd with eastern europe maps and it works. Now I'm waiting for the western europe maps. You can mail me to mi_mle@yahoo.com.

Mi

I assume that hardware wise the only restriction is the DVD region number. I also know that copies will not be read from car's DVD player. If you know otherwise maybe you could burn the Europian DVDs after converting them to region free with various tools that exist on the internet. I think I worths the time for the try.

BTW - FYI - I bought the DVD boxset with all Europian countries from a Toyota dealer (4 DVDs). I leave in Athens and the waiting list for a Lexus DVD was something like two months. Toyota uses exactly the same DVD for RAV etc so it worked fine for me. Maybe you could also consult Toyota dealers for your problem.

How much did you pay for the boxset? ... and what does it consist of? Which Toyota dealer in Athens did you purchase it from? I live in Athesn too dealing with the same problem.

I live in Athens too looking for a way to get the European maps for my US made2007 RX400h which Toyota dealer did you purchase the DVDs from?

• 3 weeks later...
How much did you sped for the Toyota dvd package? And you selected Toyota's dvd for Greece you put it in the dvd player and it worked?

Please claridy! Thanx

Hi guys i am from Athnes and i have the same problem. If you have find the solution please mail it to me in thn mail i have below. Thanks for advance

File navyman eimai apo Athina kai eida to post sxetika me to navigation alla den eida na exei dhmoiseytei h apanthsh gia to pos mporei na ginei h sympiesh ton arxeion. An exeis brei ton tropo kai exeis diathesi steilto se parakolo me mail sto makisdrossos@mailbox.gr

• 1 month later...

How much did you pay for the boxset? ... and what does it consist of? Which Toyota dealer in Athens did you purchase it from? I live in Athesn too dealing with the same problem.

I just brought my 2008 rx400h to athens greece and went to the toyota lexus service center. They took out a new boxset of dvd's took out my north american dvd and put in their eastern europe dvd. it boots up and shows about 12 countries but greece was not one of them. However the map of athens shows up with my current gps position I just cant use navigation. they did not make me buy the dvd box set.

If anyone can help me i would be most grateful...

they did offer to change out my entire navi system (4k euro) but they were not sure if that would work either because of different model numbers and actual size of the units between the europe and usa versions... what a headeache!

I will just buy a garmin nuvi which works great here in athens until i figure something out

Manolis +30 693 687 8266

or mitch1@hotmail.com

if anyone can help

I brought my 2008 rx400h from america here to athens greece.

I downloaded and burned the

Lexus / Toyota EU 2008-2009 ver.1 Navigation DVD East Europe

http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/4829220/Le...DVD_East_Europe

it worked exactly like the athens lexus dealers east europe dvd which is: it shows me my current location in athens but i cannot chose greece as a region

the following regions are available:

A austria

B belgium

CH switzerland

D germany

E spain

FIN finland

AND andora

BG bulgaria

CZ check republic

DK denmark

F france

FL lliechtenstein

it supposed to include the GREECE region... any suggestions?

it looks like i will be getting a garmin nuvi after all - i know they work great here