Need Help With My Silverstars...

I just got these brand new very nice silverstars... and i have no idea how to put em in. I have a 1993 and i went to go take out the old bulbs(low beams) and it looks like my battery is in the way. Do i have to remove the housing in order to put these suckers in? on the passenger side, it looks like the windshield washing fluid is in the way. What do i do?

well if yours is anything like my 94 es300 you shouldn't have to do anything but maneuver your hands carefully and pop them in.

It's a tight fit, You need someone with small hands. 1/4 turn and pull right out. Easy.

I agree with dcfish, just need to take your time and work you hands into a tight spot, a quarter turn to release, disconnect the old buld and then attach the new and place the bulb in the socket and a quarter turn. As I recall, turn left (counter clockwise) to remove and turn right (clockwise) to tighten.

well, i got the old ones out, and i put the SS's in and damn are they impressive. Thank you all for your help.

4000K's!!!!!!!!!! XD

SS are nice while they last, I can never get more than a year out of them.

well, i got the old ones out, and i put the SS's in and damn are they impressive. Thank you all for your help.

4000K's!!!!!!!!!! XD

I've read several posts on SS and found the same comment. I installed mine in February and hope they last. As a precaution I kept my stock bulbs just in case. Any idea why they don't last long?

4000K's!!!!!!!!!! XD

I've read several posts on SS and found the same comment. I installed mine in February and hope they last. As a precaution I kept my stock bulbs just in case. Any idea why they don't last long?

Sometimes ppl make the mistake of touching the bulb (the glass part) while putting them in. That will shorten their life considerably.

4000K's!!!!!!!!!! XD

Sometimes ppl make the mistake of touching the bulb (the glass part) while putting them in. That will shorten their life considerably.

Not this guy, Never touched the bulb. I used to handle photographic lighting and I know too well. They are just short lived bulbs..............

4000K's!!!!!!!!!! XD

Not this guy, Never touched the bulb. I used to handle photographic lighting and I know too well. They are just short lived bulbs..............

Not suggesting that you touched your bulbs, DC, but it happens. The previous owner of my car said he had to replace the H4 fog lamps about every 3 months on average when he owned the car. He blamed his wife for them not lasting any longer. He said she always drove with them on. They were burnt out when I bought the car so I replaced them and the same bulbs are still working, a year and a half later, and I always drive with them on too...

But you could be right that the SilverStars don't generally last too long.....period.