Seats Warrantable?

I am the second owner of a 2003 SC430 now with 42,500 miles. The seat cushions of both front seats have lost their support ability and the leather is stretching. The in-service date on the car was Jan, 15, 2003. I bought it from a Toyota dealer on Feb 6, 2007 (40,462miles) so it's out of the basic warranty period. I haven't taken to a Lexus dealer yet but I'm trying to understand my options for when I do. Anyone have any advise? Thanks :unsure:

• 2 weeks later...

Do you have any pictures? If the seats look HORRIBLE as well as have little support, your dealer may be "forced" to do something. I accidently damaged my leather using the wrong cleaners... A few months later i have brand new leather at no charge to me <_<

I took the car to the dealer to show them what it looked like. I "may" have made the seats look worse than they really were... :whistles: (a bit of acetone and 100 grit sandpaper really works...) I told the service manager i took the car to an upholstery shop who stated the leather was damaged using chemicals. I bought the car CPO a few years ago so i made it seem it wasn't me who caused the damage. Ask them why YOU should have to pay when it was someone else's mistake... It should have been fixed before it was sold.

He stated that it was just "normal wear" (clearly wasn't)

After 5 more minutes of arguing, i asked, "Have you ever seen this before on such a new vehicle? Is it a known problem?"

He responded with, "No it's the first time."

I now stated, "but a few minutes ago you said it was normal wear! If you've never seen this before, how can it be normal?"

Catch them in lies, call corporate in CA a few times, and never let it go. You will get what you want B)

Do you have any pictures? If the seats look HORRIBLE as well as have little support, your dealer may be "forced" to do something. I accidently damaged my leather using the wrong cleaners... A few months later i have brand new leather at no charge to me <_<

I took the car to the dealer to show them what it looked like. I "may" have made the seats look worse than they really were... :whistles: (a bit of acetone and 100 grit sandpaper really works...) I told the service manager i took the car to an upholstery shop who stated the leather was damaged using chemicals. I bought the car CPO a few years ago so i made it seem it wasn't me who caused the damage. Ask them why YOU should have to pay when it was someone else's mistake... It should have been fixed before it was sold.

He stated that it was just "normal wear" (clearly wasn't)

After 5 more minutes of arguing, i asked, "Have you ever seen this before on such a new vehicle? Is it a known problem?"

He responded with, "No it's the first time."

I now stated, "but a few minutes ago you said it was normal wear! If you've never seen this before, how can it be normal?"

Catch them in lies, call corporate in CA a few times, and never let it go. You will get what you want B)

You "accidently" damaged your leather using wrong cleaners? You "may" have made them look worse? That's stealing. Just like insurance fraud. Increases prices for honest people. :chairshot:

Karma baby, Karma.

life's a business. i got a deal.

I've bought over 400k of Lexus' from this company in the past 17 years. If they're gonna so much as flinch over a couple of thousand they need to have their heads examined...

You'd be amazed at what i can do for spite.

I was the second owner of my 2002 GS3 and bought the extended warranty, but seat covers are not "covered" under this. I believe mechanical failures might be.

Anyway, the manufaturer warranty had just expired when the piping on the driver's seat started breaking loose. I went to my regular Lexus service shop, to which they said I was out of luck. I followed up with Lexus Corporate, who then followed up with my service shop. Corporate called me back and told me they were going to repair my seat at no cost to me and to contact the service manager to set up an appt. I did and a day later my seat was repaired.

• 5 months later...