07 350 Design Flaw

Mike W

Bought an 07 350 in May/06. OK car but lots of little and some big design problems. Major one still with me is the wind noise at 50+ coming from drivers door area. The entire top of the door deflects when the window is put all the way up. Had a similar problem in 03 Buick but don't expect same problem in car twice as much ($40K compared to $20K) By just touching the window control and lowering the window just abit noise decreases. Talked with shop foreman at two dealers. It is a known Lexus design problem and to date neither dealer has solved it. The level to which the window rises is not adjustable and by "clocking" the gear to the regulator in the door creates other problems they claim. Same problem I understand on RX models. Drove other 350's same problem, More prononced on drivers side. Anybody else have experienced problem and if so any positive solutions beyond turning up radio?

Bought an 07 350 in May/06. OK car but lots of little and some big design problems. Major one still with me is the wind noise at 50+ coming from drivers door area. The entire top of the door deflects when the window is put all the way up. Had a similar problem in 03 Buick but don't expect same problem in car twice as much ($40K compared to $20K) By just touching the window control and lowering the window just abit noise decreases. Talked with shop foreman at two dealers. It is a known Lexus design problem and to date neither dealer has solved it. The level to which the window rises is not adjustable and by "clocking" the gear to the regulator in the door creates other problems they claim. Same problem I understand on RX models. Drove other 350's same problem, More prononced on drivers side. Anybody else have experienced problem and if so any positive solutions beyond turning up radio?

You can "normalize" the window full up stopping point by disconnecting the battery, insert a small object to keep the window from going full up and then hold the window up button depreesed for ~10 seconds after it stops against the object.

• 4 weeks later...

You can "normalize" the window full up stopping point by disconnecting the battery, insert a small object to keep the window from going full up and then hold the window up button depreesed for ~10 seconds after it stops against the object.

I probably did this wrong but just today read wwest response. Two questions By normalize do you mean a new set point os created for the window in its full up postion? And second is the new postion where it stops againist the object?

I probably did this wrong but just today read wwest response. Two questions By normalize do you mean a new set point os created for the window in its full up postion? And second is the new postion where it stops againist the object?

Yes, and Yes.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Since wwest is a member here just like you and is conversing with you by his own choosing, I'd suggest you gently remind him about your question and ask him for his help instead of demanding a response like he owes you one. You'll get a lot further.

• 3 weeks later...

Although I never got a response from wwest, I did get one from Lexus. They sent the district manager and a field engineer out. After riding in the car, they also concluded there was a problem and they fixed it. The fix was not changing the height of the window or pressure when closed. It was fixed by tightening the belt molding inside the door which is part of the window channel at the bottom of the window opening.

• 1 month later...

Hi Mike

Good to hear that they finally fixed your problem. I have same wind noise problem in my ES350 bought in July. Could you please explain to me in detail, what the dealership did to FIX this issue. So that I can go to my dealer and tell them to implement the same thing on my car. Also it would be very helpful if you can provide me the details of your dealer and I'll have my dealership call their service department. Thanks in advance.

Ranjha