Thinking About Is

Hi Folks,

I've been a member of this forum a while. Right now I'm a proud owner of 96 LS400 and right now its up in the dealership for service, so I'm driving IS250.

Of course its a little stiff after LS, but overall I like it. It is pretty comfortable and has power. I have a thought of trading my LS for IS.

It would be nice to hear opinions from people who own it for a while....any problems? any complaints?

Please let me know your personal experiences with IS compare to other cars. :cheers:

Hi Folks,

I've been a member of this forum a while. Right now I'm a proud owner of 96 LS400 and right now its up in the dealership for service, so I'm driving IS250.

Of course its a little stiff after LS, but overall I like it. It is pretty comfortable and has power. I have a thought of trading my LS for IS.

It would be nice to hear opinions from people who own it for a while....any problems? any complaints?

Please let me know your personal experiences with IS compare to other cars.:cheers:

I bought one about two months ago, and I'm really happy with it. It's fun to drive, and it looks very cool. There are faster cars than the 250 for the price such as the GT Legacy/XT Outback, but I didn't enjoy driving the Subarus as much. Also, I think the IS is one of the best looking cars on the road.

Mileage is great. Paying for premium gas isn't great - but I think anything of similar performance will require premium gas.

The trunk and the back seat are very small. It wasn't an issue for us as our other car is a minivan.

I think that you should drive the IS350. I love my 350. Dang, I love to drive again...feel like I am 16.

The back seats are good for groceries, but not recommended for adult humans. :)

i dont own the car, but i love your spongebob picture.

some "problems" that people experienced but may or may not have been addressed by Lexus in the newer models are rattles, squeaks, brake dust.

i have an IS300, and that was even smaller in dimensions than the current IS. the backseat is a real problem, the trunk not so much. Oh, and i hate the "body kit" on the old IS (not sure about the new one, but i imagine it to be similar) with one adult driving or more, you are likely to get scratching on crest hills and your front bumper will scratch on those parking blocks. beware

Few minor complaints:

1. Back seat leg room is bad for long trips.

2. The low height of the trunk has been a bit of a pain.

3. Brake dust is just a normal thing to me and good disc brakes.

4. I don't like the delay in shifts when using the manual mode with the shifter or the paddles.

- I want to shift and keep the revs high. It will beep and not allow this. A great safety feature and thus one more reason I should get a manual in my next car.

5. The tires on my AWD stink in anything worse then a rain.

The above are very minor issues. And I do mean minor. I could go on and on about my love for my car. Car is less then 4 months old and has 7200 miles on the odometer. I never drove the 350 when I bought my car for a reason. I didn't want to so I wouldn't want it..haha So yes the 250AWD could use some more power but oh well. Get used to using the gearbox to your liking for added power when you want it.

Also the ride in the IS is a Sporty ride. Go figure, this is the IS which is meant to appeal to younger buyers and it is IS = Intelligent Sport :-)