Speaker replacement

I am unable to find replacement speakers for my 2008 SC 430 Pebble Beach!   I need 2  6x9 8ohm speakers with shallow cone depth (3 ½” or less) due to limited space in the doors.   Lexus dealer wants way too much $$ since they want to replace completely new audio system.  I have checked with several independent Auto Hi-Fi dealers;  they will install them if I can supply the speakers!!!

Certainly, my issue is NOT unique, but, I cannot locate anyone locally to suggest ways to modify the doors…. also, having difficulty finding shallow cone 8ohm 6x9 speakers!!!!

ANY SUGGESTIONS?????

Wayne O.      wvowens09@icloud.com

321-431-7775.    Cape Canaveral, FL. 32920

I don't believe there are many companies making 8 ohm speakers anymore, and they would be very pricey. If you remove the speaker, you may see the surround foam deteriorated and is falling apart causing your speaker failure. There is a kit for under $30 from Simply Speaker, that I have used on two of my speakers, the sub-woofer and passenger door 6x9, and the speakers are better than new. The material for the surround foam in the kit is much stronger than the original. Attached is a pic of the repaired 6x9. 

MLspkr.jpg

• 1 month later...

I also recommend using simplyspeakers to repair your speaker.   They have great customer service, and their site has great videos showing how to do the repair.  Even had a step-by-step video on how to remove my subwoofer (which required removing seat belts and rear inside panel.

• 4 weeks later...

I had mine converted and went to Hertz speakers.  Very happy. Wasn't cheap by any means but the results were better than the stock system .

Glad to hear, the stereo is definitely one of the outstanding features of the SC430  and having the system working as good or better than new is a must.