Car Cover For Gs300

I am looking for a car cover, as our house has a car port, not a garage. I will want to use it when it's parked under the car port, so it will not need to keep it dry under torrential rain, but it would be nice to actually be waterproof and have something soft underneath to protect the paint. Recommendations? Any brands to avoid? Is it better to get the kind with pockets for the mirrors, or is that just something that makes it unnecessarily more expensive?

• 3 weeks later...

I am looking for a car cover, as our house has a car port, not a garage. I will want to use it when it's parked under the car port, so it will not need to keep it dry under torrential rain, but it would be nice to actually be waterproof and have something soft underneath to protect the paint. Recommendations? Any brands to avoid? Is it better to get the kind with pockets for the mirrors, or is that just something that makes it unnecessarily more expensive?

No one has a suggestion? well, can anyone answer me this: what are my chances of locating a USED car cover designed to fit a GS300 second generation (of which 1999 is one particular year). I am scouring Craigslists across the country...

Just go to gi joes and get one for 50 bucks. They come in different sizes that are universal, and are all waterproof.

Should I not buy into the concept that some sellers say regarding a "custom fit" cover - that these won't scuff your paint because they fit snugly and won't flap in the wind?

or are they just fearmongering?

Just go to gi joes and get one for 50 bucks. They come in different sizes that are universal, and are all waterproof.

Should I not buy into the concept that some sellers say regarding a "custom fit" cover - that these won't scuff your paint because they fit snugly and won't flap in the wind?

or are they just fearmongering?

Colgan Custom

I would NOT get a universal cover. I had to return a Covercraft Evolution Technalon Block-It 400 to JC Whitney, recently. Now I'm getting the same brand BUT a custom cover with the mirror pockets. The wind is a factor. True, they do have tie down straps with an included nylon rope but still... They blow off too easily.

They have a generous 90 day return/exchange satisfaction policy. Good luck. :D

Not exactly what you need to hear, but if your spending hoards of time searching all the areas on craigslist, give crazedlist.org a whirl. It searches all the areas at once (a slight hack to your browser may be needed).