Dog Owners?

I have just bought a 2007 RX440H which I am really enjoying. Has anybody found a good way of keeping their dogs in the way back? The seat backs are pretty high, but I could really use netting or a grill.

Much thanks

I have just bought a 2007 RX440H which I am really enjoying. Has anybody found a good way of keeping their dogs in the way back? The seat backs are pretty high, but I could really use netting or a grill.

Much thanks

Lexus sells as cargo net for the rear but it was not intended to go over the seats like what you are looking for. It was designed to work with cargo on the floor, much like the hard tray covers that flip up from the floor.

There may be a way to string it up over the seats so the dogs could not migrate. It has loops at all 4 corners and comes with the round spool shaped tiedowns which you have to drill and install into the enclosure on the sides. If you installed it over the rear seats then it would act as a barrier. If you stabbed the head restraints thru the mesh then the bottom of the net would be closed off so they could not slip between the net and the seats. It could work.

Some people use a cage to contain their pets in the back. I find that if someone is in the back seat, he or she can keep my dog still. If I need to take her by myself or with one person, I take my 1989 Mazda; it's hard to scratch the fabric seats!

Try a search on this product, it may be what you are looking for:

Pet Net Barrier or Dog Backseat Barrier

Several companies make barriers ranging from fabric to metal bars for SUV's

Much thanks

i did it this way:

163638605_a361441f66.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Much thanks

i did it this way:

163638605_a361441f66.jpg

My dog's up front w/ ME! I have the cage ... but thought it was for the kids! :lol: