Rx300 2003 - What Do You Think?

michvin

Hi all

I'm thinking of buying the abovementioned with approx. 50K for $23.3. It's a certified pre-owned from lexus delaer, looks and drives great. What do you think of the price? It seem to be a little too expensive, but apparently these cars are hard to come by. Yesterday i searched for used RX300 '03 on ebay and the search came up with 4 cars all over US! I'm monitoring craigslist, but for the last two month there were 2 '99 and one '01 with 100K from private sellers. I'm not looking at curbside dealers ads.

Do you think it worth it? From reading around here i understand that 2003 is pretty much trouble-free car.

Thank you.

I think that is not a bad price but you need to add tax to that price. I like the RX 300 quality better than the 330. That is just matter of opinion. The engine is better and bigger in RX330; and also like the look of the last year RX300. Being certified you should have warantee for Three years. Color is important. I personally like Pearl White but I do not prefer the Dark color choices. Don't care for the AWD due to transmission complains. Overall RX is a very reliable car. I think it is a lady's SUV but I drive it sometimes too. Good luck.

I think that is not a bad price but you need to add tax to that price. I like the RX 300 quality better than the 330. That is just matter of opinion. The engine is better and bigger in RX330; and also like the look of the last year RX300. Being certified you should have warantee for Three years. Color is important. I personally like Pearl White but I do not prefer the Dark color choices. Don't care for the AWD due to transmission complains. Overall RX is a very reliable car. I think it is a lady's SUV but I drive it sometimes too. Good luck.

Thanks for your reply. It's black/black (i don't like dark colors either, but there are only 3 certified Rx300s 2003 in 75 miles radius from NYC (for one of them they want $29,000 and the other one was abused). Out of the door it is $25.5.

I purchased my RX from a one owner co-worker. I haven't done too much to the car in the past year except the normal maintenance. I am about to buy four new tires which will be the biggest expense so far. If you find a used RX that is dealer maintained, then in my opinion it is as good as certified without the price tag. But you got to jump on the deal as good ones go quick.

I just picked up a 99 RX300 in Arizona (and I live in Portland, OR). It wasn't certified, but in immaculate condition and at a great price... yeah, when the good deals come up, they go quick. I'd been looking for a while and finally found the right car... it was just 1500 miles away ;-)

I just picked up a 99 RX300 in Arizona (and I live in Portland, OR). It wasn't certified, but in immaculate condition and at a great price... yeah, when the good deals come up, they go quick. I'd been looking for a while and finally found the right car... it was just 1500 miles away ;-)

Ended up getting 2004 BMW x3. Hope i won't regret it :)

I mulled over getting an X3 or X5, and BMW makes very nice SAV's... I just didn't really like the X3 styling (and the X5 has some reliablity issues), but friends who own them absolutely love them. If you like the styling, I think you'll like everything else about the vehicle.

I mulled over getting an X3 or X5, and BMW makes very nice SAV's... I just didn't really like the X3 styling (and the X5 has some reliablity issues), but friends who own them absolutely love them. If you like the styling, I think you'll like everything else about the vehicle.

I like the styling, it's unorthodox, but aggressive. My wife dislikes the ride - too harsh for her, but i love it and that motor sound......

I like the styling, it's unorthodox, but aggressive. My wife dislikes the ride - too harsh for her, but i love it and that motor sound......

The X3 will provide much greater AWD capability and safety for all that ice and snow you're encountering than would any RX.

I disagree.....the BMW will cost you more to own and operate. I had a X5 and its over-engineered and way too much to fix.

Lexus is by far a better vehicle even over the ML350, which a brother had and it was in the garage all the time. This is why they include maintenance in their overall costs ratios.

The X3 will provide much greater AWD capability and safety for all that ice and snow you're encountering than would any RX.

If thats (awd) a primary concern you'd be better of forgetting both the Lexus AND the BMW as NEITHER is particularly good in that realm. Audi makes the best AWD systems for ice and snow hands down. If you need that capabiliy thats where you should be looking.

I disagree.....the BMW will cost you more to own and operate. I had a X5 and its over-engineered and way too much to fix.

Lexus is by far a better vehicle even over the ML350, which a brother had and it was in the garage all the time. This is why they include maintenance in their overall costs ratios.

I know that Lexus is better quality wise, but it is kinda boring to drive, compared to BMW. I drove couple of miles in X3 and was sold :blushing: I don't know if it was stupid to thing to do, to prefer BMW over Lexus - time will tell

I know that Lexus is better quality wise, but it is kinda boring to drive, compared to BMW. I drove couple of miles in X3 and was sold :blushing: I don't know if it was stupid to thing to do, to prefer BMW over Lexus - time will tell

No not stupid at all. If thats the car you liked then thats fine. They're totally different the RX3oo and the X3. The RX series is probably one of the least "sporty" mid-size SUV out there (drive wise). Thats not its target. Its target is comfort and quiteness. People who prefer a tighter , more responsive drive generally don't liek the RX300 and vice-versa, its all just about what you want.

No not stupid at all. If thats the car you liked then thats fine. They're totally different the RX3oo and the X3. The RX series is probably one of the least "sporty" mid-size SUV out there (drive wise). Thats not its target. Its target is comfort and quiteness. People who prefer a tighter , more responsive drive generally don't liek the RX300 and vice-versa, its all just about what you want.

Thanks. Thats pretty much what i was thinking :)