Waterless Car Wash

The pad that comes with the PC is terrible, you need to invest in some quality pads for it. Its been a long time since I bought pads, so you should probably check on Autopia and see what everybody's using these days. You need two cuttings pads, two polishing pads, and a finishing pad. Depending on the brand pads you buy these will be different colors. For instance my pads are Lake Country pads and the cutting pads are yellow, the polishing pads are white, and the finishing pads are black.

The pad that comes with the PC is terrible, you need to invest in some quality pads for it. Its been a long time since I bought pads, so you should probably check on Autopia and see what everybody's using these days. You need two cuttings pads, two polishing pads, and a finishing pad. Depending on the brand pads you buy these will be different colors. For instance my pads are Lake Country pads and the cutting pads are yellow, the polishing pads are white, and the finishing pads are black.

SW, I also like LC pads (I think they are 6"). Have you tried there CCS pads? I still use their VC pads.

Do try em, I bet you'll be impressed.

I know the abbreviations are annoying. They come from those of us who post on Autopia, there's a rather extensive glossary on there that I might ask David if I can borrow that tells everybody what the abbreviations are...

As for the Zaino with the P21S. That will get you the look of the P21S over the protection of Zaino. However, P21S is so easy to apply I'd skip the Zaino and just do that once a month...

I purchased a pack of Clay Magic, a bottle of Rain-X Bug & Tar remover and some detail brushes. I already have quite a bit of Zaino Z-PC Fusion Dual Action Paint Cleaner Swirl Remover, ZFX Flash Cure Accelerator Additive,Z-2 PRO Show Car Polish for Clear Coated Car Finishes,Z-6 Ultra Clean Gloss Enhancer Spray,Z-8 Grand Finale Spray Seal and P21S. (See, no abreviations!! :rolleyes: )

How would you suggest I go about getting the best results with the products I already have at hand? (Once these are used up I may try different items but for now I want to just see how they will do)

Thanks! :cheers:

JD - Here is some pixs of the "liquids" I have: On the left of Nattys (now given away) is there CG5050. You do not see the 3 gallon of CG leather stuff though.

cimg0475oi6.jpg

cimg0476or6.jpg

cimg0472xt1.jpg

cimg0474iu1.jpg

cimg0473et3.jpg

Do try em, I bet you'll be impressed.

I know the abbreviations are annoying. They come from those of us who post on Autopia, there's a rather extensive glossary on there that I might ask David if I can borrow that tells everybody what the abbreviations are...

As for the Zaino with the P21S. That will get you the look of the P21S over the protection of Zaino. However, P21S is so easy to apply I'd skip the Zaino and just do that once a month...

I purchased a pack of Clay Magic, a bottle of Rain-X Bug & Tar remover and some detail brushes. I already have quite a bit of Zaino Z-PC Fusion Dual Action Paint Cleaner Swirl Remover, ZFX Flash Cure Accelerator Additive,Z-2 PRO Show Car Polish for Clear Coated Car Finishes,Z-6 Ultra Clean Gloss Enhancer Spray,Z-8 Grand Finale Spray Seal and P21S. (See, no abreviations!! :rolleyes: )

How would you suggest I go about getting the best results with the products I already have at hand? (Once these are used up I may try different items but for now I want to just see how they will do)

Thanks! :cheers:

JD - Here is some pixs of the "liquids" I have: On the left of Nattys (now given away) is there CG5050. You do not see the 3 gallon of CG leather stuff though.

It's clear we have an addiction problem here!! I can't see any of the top products NOT shown! :lol:

I ordered a gal of ONR today from Glimmer Glass Detailing, it was $34.99 http://www.glimmerglassdetailing.com/opnoriga.html

I haven't decided on the buffer, bad time of the year for me with the dreaded Tax Man. I'm thinking about waiting until July and get the new one coming out from David at Autopia.

http://autopia.org/forum/autopia-car-care/...rter+cable+7424

While my car is not quite up to the level of several of you out there, it is the best looking car in my office complex and looks like my picture 90% of the time.

Well I couldn't wait any longer and worked on the car today using different idea's I've read.

-Hand wash

-Clay Magic

-Zaino - Z-PC Fusion Dual Action Paint Cleaner Swirl Remove

-Zaino - Z-2 PRO Show Car Polish for Clear Coated Car Finishes

-Zaino - Z-6 Ultra Clean Gloss Enhancer Spray

-Zaino - Z-2 Repeat

-Zaino - Z-6 Repeat

-P21S Carnuba Wax

-Zaino - Z-8 Grand Finale Spray Seal

-Zaino - Z-16 Perfect Tire Gloss

I ended up using microfiber applicators because it put a thinner coat of both the polish and the wax

I also used microfiber towels to wipe. I tried the 100% cotton towels but the micro actually did a better job for me.

It's very clear that as nice as the car came out, a buffer would have made it look even better. Very faint scratches and spider webs were still barely visible but would have completely disappeared with the PC7424 buffer.

Unfortunately it was dark when I finished and the lighting in my garage is pretty poor so no pictures tonight. (plus my arms are so sore I may not be able to hold up a camera, I can hardly hold up my beer! ) I definately have a greater appreciation for those of you that do this for a living! :cheers:

JDK, I too use Zaino products and live in OH and would love to see pictures of your LS. I have found that if the paint is properly prepped (clay, swirl remover, glaze, mulitiple coats of Z-2), the Zaino gives very long lasting protection. I'm interested in the benefits of the Z-8 as I am skeptical of claims made by any manufacturer. Could you occasionally post regarding your results with this product. I was not impressed with the results of the Z-6 between coats of Z-2 and now only use it after washes or dusting to enhance the shine.

TSantoro

JDK, I too use Zaino products and live in OH and would love to see pictures of your LS. I have found that if the paint is properly prepped (clay, swirl remover, glaze, mulitiple coats of Z-2), the Zaino gives very long lasting protection. I'm interested in the benefits of the Z-8 as I am skeptical of claims made by any manufacturer. Could you occasionally post regarding your results with this product. I was not impressed with the results of the Z-6 between coats of Z-2 and now only use it after washes or dusting to enhance the shine.

TSantoro

I've only detailed my car in the order recommended by Zaino so I can't answer your question. Judging by all of the feedback on this site and Autopia.com, my guess is most users do the same. The first time I used the products was on my son's bright red pickup and after 2 applications of the Z-2 he wanted to stop but I convinced him to do the last 3 steps and the results were simply amazing. As good as it looked after 2 coats, the paint looked completely wet after the third. After that experience, we both decided not to take shortcuts in the future.

If I were you, I'd split your hood into 2 sections and do it your way on 1 side and Sal's on the other. You'll be able to see the difference, if any, in the shine and how long it holds up and then decide. Let me know how if works out!

TSantoro

I've only detailed my car in the order recommended by Zaino so I can't answer your question. Judging by all of the feedback on this site and Autopia.com, my guess is most users do the same. The first time I used the products was on my son's bright red pickup and after 2 applications of the Z-2 he wanted to stop but I convinced him to do the last 3 steps and the results were simply amazing. As good as it looked after 2 coats, the paint looked completely wet after the third. After that experience, we both decided not to take shortcuts in the future.

If I were you, I'd split your hood into 2 sections and do it your way on 1 side and Sal's on the other. You'll be able to see the difference, if any, in the shine and how long it holds up and then decide. Let me know how if works out!

JDK, Your LS looks great! I also appreciate your suggestion of a split hood.

Thanks

TSantoro

JDK, Your LS looks great! I also appreciate your suggestion of a split hood.

Thanks

FYI- I live in Lima