My New Obsession (is350) - Photos

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, but will his obsession last as long as his warranty?

BTW, don't the IS's look SO much better without the front plate? I'm not suggesting anyone break any local laws or anything. Just my opinion. :P

And what she said^. +10...VERY nice. Congrats!

Looks really nice! Was this ordered from the factory? If so, how long did it take? My sister-in-law works for Toyota Motors and she just ordered mine yesterday. She's quoting me 3 months before I get it. I can't wait!!!!!

This is what I ordered:

IS350 Black Obsedian/Black

'X' Package

Navigation System/Mark Levinson Premium Audio

HID headlamps

Headlamp Washers

Dual Sport HKS Exhaust with Rear Ground effect

Rear Lip Spoiler

$37.17K, OTD=$41K

I've been driving a company car (Ford Taurus) for 15 years, and this will be my first ever decent car. Aside from looking at the brochure every minute, reading e-mails in this forum and looking at pix, visiting dealerships in the area every weekend-- do you have any other suggestions to keep me occupied? Seriously..my anxiety level is at its all time high! :cries:

lol! that is such a good deal heng. is that with a toyota discount?

perhaps you should make some friends who drive the IS and then take it for a few test drives. lol

Yes, that's with the discount..actually price is at dealer cost. A Toyota/Lexus employee can order up to 2 cars per year for an eligible family member.. as in spouse, parents, parents-in-law, stepparents, grandparents, grandparents-in-law, step-grandparents, children, son-in-law, daughter-in-law, stepchildren, siblings, siblings-in-law, stepsiblings, or same-gender domestic partner.

I guess I should be glad for the great deal and I shouldn't complain too much about the wait for that price, huh?

Rx330driver, unfortunately I don't know anyone who owns an IS. How about this - next time I see an IS350 driver, I'll offer him some cash so I can test drive it! :lol:

You know my passion is golf, but lately I suddenly lost interest, and all I can think of is this IS350! :(

Looks really nice! Was this ordered from the factory? If so, how long did it take? My sister-in-law works for Toyota Motors and she just ordered mine yesterday. She's quoting me 3 months before I get it. I can't wait!!!!!

... Seriously..my anxiety level is at its all time high! :cries:

I wanted Obsidian or Black Sapphire. I wanted any package that would get me the Levinson system, black leather was also a requirement. I was told that 4 months was normal for factory orders, and waited 6 weeks (with a $1000 deposit) to get the car that I finally acceoted (the Smoky Granite). Now, I am glad that I went with this color (which I really do like) and not waited months for the IS experience. :). I am loving this car more every day!

I paid $1300 under MSRP, but I am not complaining. I got the car that is perfect for me!!

Yes, but will his obsession last as long as his warranty?

BTW, don't the IS's look SO much better without the front plate? I'm not suggesting anyone break any local laws or anything. Just my opinion. :P

And what she said^. +10...VERY nice. Congrats!

I really don't want to put front plates on this car. The plates have not yet arrived, and it will kill me to see them drill holes into my bumper. If I do comply with the law (which I probably will), do you think I should go with a chrome license plate frame or black?

Nice IS, I really love that color. If I could choose another color, it would be that one. But mine was on the lot at the time, wasnt black, was 6 spd and came with a good deal. Couldn't pass it up. But what I did pass up was the front plate. I made sure they didn't install it, but the salesman said that he'd better see it on my car soon, still haven't. I really don't want to, but when it comes down to it, I think I'll rig up something through the lower grill to avoid punching holes. Nice wheels too, first time seeing those chromed!

I think I'll rig up something through the lower grill to avoid punching holes.

I would like to see what you come up with. Please post photos when you do it. i REALLY do not want to put holes in the bumper!!!