New Toyo Tires

After reading all the contributions on tires I purchased the Alenzas to replace my Goodyears. I have to say they are quieter than I expected, smoother than I expected, a little tougher on acceleration and the mileage seems down a bit. However, I suspected the past month's mpg were up due to the low tread on my Goodyears. I only have a hundred miles or so on them so far so it's too early to make judgements. I also buy gas once every 2 weeks so you know how unscientific my data is.

We still love our Alenzas after 4000 miles! Regarding wheel well gap: I lowered my Corvette because I felt that a large gap is for SUVs and trucks. With the RX, I don't mind the gap because it is an all wheel drive SUV, after all!

RXREY, I'm just joking with you. Everyone has his or her preference regarding the "look" of an SUV. :cheers:

Don't worry RX400h, I didn't take it wrong....it's all good. Everyone has always been very decent on any of my topics. I would love to drive an RX with the Alenzas to see how they differ from my Toyos...maybe when I'm in San Diego we can swap cars and go around the block and see if we can feel the difference....well, anyway, we're all just lucky to have this great car no matter what,ey? Oh, I don't have a Corvette as my other car so I do want my 400h to look more sporty and have the tires fill the wheel wells better, took off the roof rack, added the side chrome step bars...must be nice to have a Lexus 400h AND a Corvette! Ayayayeee, paleeeze! Happy trails, Rey

• 3 months later...

A few thousand miles and these Toyos have been great. Anyone else have these on their RX? I haven't noticed any difference in MPG but there do run great,handle so much better than the OEM Good Years..as far as the noise taht i was warned about? Nothing yet and if that time comes I'll simply get new tires...I don't sweat the little things. I love these tire and they are not onlt great on the road, they look fabulous! Rey Bustos

Well, so far, we have good reviews about Bridgestone Alenzas, Toyos and Goodyear (aftermarket, not OEM) tires. I think it's safe to say that almost anything is an improvement over the OEM tires. Sadly, this is true of most vehicles - stay away from OEM! :cheers:

isn't that a sad state of affairs? I mean, I know that Toyota/Lexus and other car makers have deals with tire manufacturers but you would think that on a 50k car they'd be a little bit more thoughtful about what's under their car? After ten thousand miles the tires were shot, that was a sad and irritating fact that I had to deal with along with all of you that had the same experience. I know that OEM tires are not going to be the best but 10k miles was a bit rediculous and disappointing. Anyway, now I'm darned happy with this amazing car, so "All's well that ends well", as the old bard of Avon once said....Rey

• 4 months later...

These pictures are good to show not only the Toyo Proxes S/Ts but the mud guards, nerf bars and soon the new front end lip. Keep an eye out for my new pictures. Jan,2008. Rey

These pictures are good to show not only the Toyo Proxes S/Ts but the mud guards, nerf bars and soon the new front end lip. Keep an eye out for my new pictures. Jan,2008. Rey

hey can't wait to see rey, good luck with the lip!