Replacement OEM rims.

t0ked

My first post! It's great to see that there is a place Lexus owners can finally get together. With the great cars Lexus makes, I'm dumbfounded as to why there aren't more enthusiast sites like this around.

I originally posted this in the wheels and tires section, but I think I might get more of a response here.

Anyway, I have a 1993 Lexus SC300. I love the car, but the only problem is that it still rolls on the OEM 15" cheesgraters. I would like to purchase a set of OEM Lexus rims, but I am wondering which other models I can swap from. I was specifically looking at the IS300's 17" rims, and the 16" and 17" rims off the newer GS's. Any suggestions as to what I should look for? My main concern is the offset, I don't know the offset for my car versus the other Lexus models. I'm assuming bolt pattern is similar for all the models...

All the advice is very much appreciated. Happy motoring!

Supra wheels bolt right up - the TT wheels offset and size are sweet looking on the car. The GS 17" wheels bolt right up. I would expect the IS wheels bolt up also, but have not seen it. Also, FD rx-7 wheels will bolt right up too. But I would save for some nice 3 piece hre's in size 18" with 9.5 width up front and 10.5 fatty's in the rear and +45 offset for that big brake upgrade. Do what you want, there are lots of options.

Welcome to the club.

Well, thanks for all the info. I started looking into getting the IS300's 17" rims. I found that they use a +40 offset. Anyone know the offset for the SC300? I live in NYC and have had 17x8 rims on the car, but the roads here are pretty bad and the car began tracking on heavily worn highways (which are all of them here) pretty badly. otherwise I would ahve jumped on the Supra TT rims a long time ago.

• 3 months later...