Height Restrictions For Driving An Sc400?

I do not yet own a Lexus but am actively looking for a mid-90s sc400. I was wondering if current and previous sc400 owners could help answer a VERY important question: How tall does a driver have to be before he/she is TOO tall to comfortably drive one? I am 6' 4" and currently drive an '04 Nissan Frontier. As tall as I am I have no problem in this small truck. So how is it in the sc400? If you own one ... how tall are you and if you are tall (6' 2" or better) how comfortable is the vehicle for us taller people?

Thanks for all of your kind responses ...

I let my boyfriend drive my 93 sc400 and he's 6"1'. For the most part it's comfortable for him, but when going over speed bumps his head will touch the roof. Also something to think about, he moves the seat all the way back so there is absolutely no leg room for anyone in the seat directly behind him. Guess you'll need to drive one and see for yourself if that's going to be a problem.

If you find an SC without a sunroof it has a massive amount of head room.

Thanks .. that's what I thought. I found a sorry example of a '92 with a sunroof and my hair was barely touching the headliner. I do not need a sunroof so I guess I'll narrow it down to non-sunroof cars.

Thanks for all the responses!

• 2 weeks later...

If you find an SC without a sunroof it has a massive amount of head room.

Thanks .. that's what I thought. I found a sorry example of a '92 with a sunroof and my hair was barely touching the headliner. I do not need a sunroof so I guess I'll narrow it down to non-sunroof cars.

Thanks for all the responses!

I'm 6'3", just bought a 1993 SC400 with sunroof. I have the seat all the way back, and reclined pretty far, and sometimes my hair touches the ceiling. No big deal though.

• 2 months later...