Temperature Gauge In Middle But Waters Bolin.

Shayan

hello,

I was driving home from walmart about 5 minutes ago when i heard a sound which was kidna like a soda can with rocks in it.But as soon as i heard it it went away, and never came back. and now when i got home i heard something come from the engine, and i poped the hood and the water inside the plastic container is boiling, but the temperature gauge was in the middle, and the gauge does work.

My water pump was replaced about 6 months ago and so were all my belts.

hey guys,

I just took the car to a very nice mechanic i know , and he said its something inside that covered box possibley a pulley gone bad. Which one we dont know bc engine was too hot. So i hope its the easier one that requires not taking off the timing. Yikes.

hey guys,

I just took the car to a very nice mechanic i know , and he said its something inside that covered box possibley a pulley gone bad. Which one we dont know bc engine was too hot. So i hope its the easier one that requires not taking off the timing. Yikes.

Bad news, REALLY BAD NEWS, it's very likely you have a BLOWN head gasket.

IN that case the coolant wasn't boiling, what you saw was more likely bubbles of exhaust gas resulting from the power stroke forcing gas into the coolant chambers of the engine which in turn pressurized the radiator.

Sorry.

Just called the mechanic and he said he started the car, and he said it was too hot to mess with it, but when he did start it, he said that he feels 95% sure its not the head gasket. its coming from that black box,dont know what you call it

lol

he feels its one of those pulleys, which one i dont know.

Here's my post....

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...showtopic=35995

As far as we know, the previous owner's didn't maintain the car well (such as not changing oil). The car overheated BAD and it turned out that the block was cracked. We're ordering a new engine this week, lots of miles on the car anyway, so we're adding some longevity to it and putting a rebuilt engine with ~ 40,000 miles on it (sorry to everyone who wanted me to scrap the ole girl....Been shopping for new cars, and there's NO way I can get something else).

Ler