Starter Motor Ls400, Advice Wanted

jsp

Hi, I have a 91 LS400 with about 120k miles and currently rebuilding/replacing the starter motor. I had to take all the fuel injection/intake manifold stuff off to access the starter motor. Last time I rebuilt an engine, cars had carburetors and I know nothing about fuel injection. Now, while I have everything acessable and am doing the starter motor, is there any other maintenence I should do such as clean or replace fuel injectors? My car ran fine before the starter motor died. If you do suggest cleaning or replacing fuel injectors, how is that done, or how much do you think parts will cost, or is it necessary? Anything else should I be doing while I have access?

Thanks.

Hi, I have a 91 LS400 with about 120k miles and currently rebuilding/replacing the starter motor. I had to take all the fuel injection/intake manifold stuff off to access the starter motor. Last time I rebuilt an engine, cars had carburetors and I know nothing about fuel injection. Now, while I have everything acessable and am doing the starter motor, is there any other maintenence I should do such as clean or replace fuel injectors? My car ran fine before the starter motor died. If you do suggest cleaning or replacing fuel injectors, how is that done, or how much do you think parts will cost, or is it necessary? Anything else should I be doing while I have access?

Thanks.

This attachment is for a gs400 but you get the idea.......

You owe me a beer :cheers:

gs400_starter_replacement.pdf