Controlling Air Ride

RotaryAE86

hey guys, new to the forum and am researching getting a 93-94 lexus ls400. i was wondering if anyone has ever run a switch to be able to control when they want the compressor to come on/vent a relief valve to be able to lower and raise the car at will. thanks

so a controller is obtainable for the stock air ride

Yup-- a japanese company called Datasystems makes them... do a search for ASE664 or ASI65X. If you get the proper harness, it is literally plug and play. You can store 3 preset heights and have 15 adjustment points, independent L/R and Rear. Plus super-low mode to dump your ride onto those fat rims.

• 3 months later...
I have a controller on mine, simple plug in gismo that connects in the trunk and runs a cable to the dash controller. These are available from ebay. Works well albeit a tad slow!!

How slow, and can you adjust the dampening as well as the height? How much was it?

It is only slow because it has no tank to hold the air as well as a small compressor. Add a tank and a bigger pump and you can also get new switches for a much more aftermarket style ride.

How much would this cost, and what can it do better than the stock setup with just a controller?

Can anyone post pics of their controller setup, and of their ride dropped/raised?

I have a controller on mine, simple plug in gismo that connects in the trunk and runs a cable to the dash controller. These are available from ebay. Works well albeit a tad slow!!

How slow, and can you adjust the dampening as well as the height? How much was it?

It is only slow because it has no tank to hold the air as well as a small compressor. Add a tank and a bigger pump and you can also get new switches for a much more aftermarket style ride.

How much would this cost, and what can it do better than the stock setup with just a controller?

Can anyone post pics of their controller setup, and of their ride dropped/raised?

It's as slow as your standard system (requires time for pump to raise, or small bleed valve to release air to lower). As mentioned, this is due to no air reservoir--only pump.

It allows for much greater ride height variation than stock. You can dump it onto its tires (yes, it goes that low), or you can raise it so it looks like a 4x4 LS400. In winter's deep snow, I set it super high to plow through fresh snow. In summer, it sits several inches lower than stock for a better look.

It does NOT allow for shock dampening/rebound. However, keep in mind that using a controller on the stock air ride will result in wallowy ride quality when lowered extensively, and rather bumpy ride when jacked way up (imagine the compliance of a balloon when deflated/overinflated). When running low, I set my adjustable shock firmness to "sport" to compensate for reduced air dampening in the shock and it rides great.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
i found one, so when i get my LS in a couple of weeks thats the first mod im getting

Just make sure you get the correct harness for your year vehicle.

Not to bring up an old thread but I cant seem to find these anywhere in the states? Where did you guys get yours? Thanks in advance!

i found one, so when i get my LS in a couple of weeks thats the first mod im getting

Just make sure you get the correct harness for your year vehicle.

Not to bring up an old thread but I cant seem to find these anywhere in the states? Where did you guys get yours? Thanks in advance!

You have to be patient and search the various Lexus and VIP forums...best bet is to find a used one from somebody on one of these boards.

Also, occassionally there is one on ebay...just keep looking and be patient...they do show up from time to time. I saw several when I was shopping around earlier this year.