Snow Indicator Light

tofu

This weekend I took my wife 2001 IS300 for a spin, turn on the car and the Snow indicator light came on I thought it was weird because it is 77 degree outside.. I drove the car around the corner and the light would not go off so I puuled over and turned off and turned it back on that when the Snow indicator light went away.. so far the light still not come back on yet ...

So does anyone know what the heck that Snow indicator light for and if there's anything wrong with my wife's car?? We live in Austin,TX and it don't ever snow here .... maybe once in 10 years....

Look at the console and there should be a snow button next to the ect button. That's for snow mode, which decreases throttle response for driving in snow. Push that button to turn it on and off. You want it off.

Really, Let me look around to see if I can find the button, Thanx.

This weekend I took my wife 2001 IS300 for a spin, turn on the car and the Snow indicator light came on I thought it was weird because it is 77 degree outside.. I drove the car around the corner and the light would not go off so I puuled over and turned off and turned it back on that when the Snow indicator light went away.. so far the light still not come back on yet ...

So does anyone know what the heck that Snow indicator light for and if there's anything wrong with my wife's car?? We live in Austin,TX and it don't ever snow here .... maybe once in 10 years....

That light doens't mean its detecting snow, it means you hit the snow switch, which pretty much starts you off in third gear from stops and leaves less play for the TCS system to kick in. Just check the tcs button.

Now I know what this light for. I think I accidently hit the switch when releasing the parking brake.

Thank you djspawn00 and bartkat you guys are very helpful.