They're Here!

After supper, my son announced that there were tires outside my front door. "My God, they're finally here!" I announced as I sprinted for the door. Yes, they do look great and I can't wait to try em out. It may be a little while, however, but not longer than a week.

All I can say is "Yeeeehaw!

Dave

post-6874-1172719933_thumb.jpg

post-6874-1172719963_thumb.jpg

Tom, do you have me mixed up with "RX400h"? I don't have the Alenzas...yet! Dave, I love that dave got them and they look awesome and I want some also! Please let me/us know how they are ,how they feel,etc. I can't wait! Maybe I should order them now. Do you then take them to Lexus to have them put on? Local tire/discount shop? Like America's Tire? Please advise. I hate my Goodyear RS-A tires. Rey

Tom, do you have me mixed up with "RX400h"? I don't have the Alenzas...yet! Dave, I love that dave got them and they look awesome and I want some also! Please let me/us know how they are ,how they feel,etc. I can't wait! Maybe I should order them now. Do you then take them to Lexus to have them put on? Local tire/discount shop? Like America's Tire? Please advise. I hate my Goodyear RS-A tires. Rey

I too will be looking for whatever brand pans out to be the highest mileage / lowest rolling resistence tires. The Goodyear stockers (as other posts coroborate) are WAY worn, at only 18K miles. You'd think my wife was doing brody's in the parking lot.

Brodys? never heard the term but it sounds like when i say "Dukes of Hazzard" driving,right? So I really want to get tose tires now! Rey

I just found out that Tire Rack will deliver to an authorized tire store near you! So the one that I found is three miles away so I can order the tires through Tire Rack and they will ship them to the tire place and they will put them on! Wow, how cool is that? Rey

Rey, Dave, etal. Discount Tire is strong in Arizona and and excellent company to do business with. I get all of my tires from Discount and have them match internet prices. The best of both worlds.

See my previous post corrected to tease Dave, not Rey.

Tom

I think that here in L.A. ,"Discount Tire" and "America's Tire Company" might be the same company....they have their Alenzas listed at around $175 but I'll ask them in person if they could match the $152 from Tire Track. Thanks for the idea. Rey

FWIW, and, I am not endorsing Tire Rack, but I have purchased tires from them (the last two sets the month of January) and they do drop ship to a tire installer of your choice. Just remember to let them know (the tire shop) of the incoming order.

Cheers,

MadloR

P.S. Or, Tire Rack has a list of "recommended" shops, but I don't trust them, it means nothing. You need to really check out for yourself if the tire shop has the latest in tire mounting and balancing equipment.

I think that here in L.A. ,"Discount Tire" and "America's Tire Company" might be the same company....they have their Alenzas listed at around $175 but I'll ask them in person if they could match the $152 from Tire Track. Thanks for the idea. Rey

My experiences with Discount Tire and America's Tire are worlds appart. I've used Discount for years and had occasion to stop in at an America's Tire this week. The customer service I received at America's was terrible and I did not feel that they had my best interests in mind. They seemed more interested in getting new customers than dealing with the ones they have. The place was not doing any real business, just answering call (3 while I stood there waiting to be helped).

I would not recommend America'a Tire Co to anyone.

Discount Tire is my choice.

Discount Tire is a privately owned company based here in Scottsdale, AZ. I don't think that they have any affiliation with America's Tire Company. FYI, Discount has have a great business philosophy of promoting all of their managers up the ranks, instead of hiring from the outside. Many current managers started out busting tires, up to and including corporate level positions.

I was not impressed with the Tire Rack referrals to installers when I checked them out a few years back. They were simply small, independent car repair facilities, charged considerably more than Discount Tire for mounting, balancing, etc. And most importantly, they probably won't do any warranty work for free if you have a tire problem, as they didn't sell you the tires.

Tom

Rey,

Since I want to negotiate an alignment, I will take them to the dealership for install - hopefully, this week. Regarding Tire Rack: I have had them drop-ship my Corvette tires before and the shop that mounted and balanced them did an excellent job. This time, however, I wanted to get a good look at the tires before they were mounted, so I had them shipped to my house. I like them!

BTW, I am not sure that I want someone who is totally unfamiliar with hybrids, driving my RX. Maybe someday.... :cheers:

Dave

You'd think that the Girls Gone Wild bus had arrived at Dave's door.

:lol:

Tom

Tom,

What can I say, I'm a car guy who has been deprived of new tires for too long! :cheers:

Dave

Totally completele false. America's Tire and Discount Tire are the EXACT SAME COMPANY.

Discount Tire, also known as America's Tire in California, Oregon and Washington, is America's largest tire and wheel store.

Totally completele false. America's Tire and Discount Tire are the EXACT SAME COMPANY.

Discount Tire, also known as America's Tire in California, Oregon and Washington, is America's largest tire and wheel store.

I think that's what he was saying!

Well, I just had my new tires balanced, installed and aligned, and a trailer hitch installed. The service advisor recommended that I call the Lexus customer service hotline to ask what can be done to compensate me for the premature tire end-of-life because of the too-low tire pressure specification. I am awaiting their response, but in the meantime, I did not have to pay for the tire balance and installation. Normally, the dealership to which I take the RX does not "help out" with tire or brake problems after 1 year of ownership. The service advisor did agree that our oem tires would last longer if they are pressurized higher than 30 psi. I'd estimate that my tires would've lasted another 6 months, had I inflated them to 35-36 psi from the beginning.

Regarding the Bridgestone Alenzas: VERY quiet and great handling - highly recommended (so far)!

Dave

I'm now running 36 psi in my Michelins. The road noise seems a bit more noticeable and I haven't seen any improvement in fuel economy.

Tom

The Alenzas are incredibly quiet, probably the quietest tires I have ever owned!

Side note: While I was driving to LA this afternoon, the outside temperature didplay jumped to 102 degrees. Coincidentally, this occured very close to the Anaheim wildfires. For a while, I thought the sensor was malfunctioning, but when I returned to San Diego, the display read 82 degrees.

Dave