Nav System Anomalies After Upgrade

My nav system started getting lost in my new 07Rx350. Service said I needed a new CD disk. I had been running v5.1 of the software and the just installed new CD, it upgraded me to v6.1. It seems to have solved the 'lost' problem but now I've got another issue. The icon on the nav screen is about 100 feet off. If I stop at an intersection the screen shows me 100 feet short of the cross street. The ding sound in auto route (turn sound) is late. Based on my previous use, it was right on. Anyone have any ideas? Is there a calibration mode for these things?

When you say they upgraded your dvd, are you saying they upgraded with the retail upgrade? Reason I ask, is there is a service bulletin for the lost condition but it requires a special dvd that has to be ordered from Denso. This special dvd is different from the retail dvd because it includes a firmware upgrade for the navigation system which fixes the lost conditon among other things.

When you say they upgraded your dvd, are you saying they upgraded with the retail upgrade? Reason I ask, is there is a service bulletin for the lost condition but it requires a special dvd that has to be ordered from Denso. This special dvd is different from the retail dvd because it includes a firmware upgrade for the navigation system which fixes the lost conditon among other things.

I assumed it was the special CD that upgraded the firmware. It took the dealer 2 weeks to get the CD.

• 4 weeks later...

My nav system started getting lost in my new 07Rx350. Service said I needed a new CD disk. I had been running v5.1 of the software and the just installed new CD, it upgraded me to v6.1. It seems to have solved the 'lost' problem but now I've got another issue. The icon on the nav screen is about 100 feet off. If I stop at an intersection the screen shows me 100 feet short of the cross street. The ding sound in auto route (turn sound) is late. Based on my previous use, it was right on. Anyone have any ideas? Is there a calibration mode for these things?

Check the manual. There's an option somewhere in the nav system to adjust the default position -- it's probably set to something way off... or maybe you'll have to change it 100 feet off. Next time I'm in the manual I'll copy the snippet.

Steve

They need to calibrate the system, they're supposed to do that when the car is delivered but they probably didn't. You can do it yourself but its complicated, best to make them do it.

Ok found it. I agree with SW03ES since it was your dealer installing the map upgrade, they should do it not you...

"Menu" -> Press "Setup"

Touch page down twice (page 3 of 3)

Press "Calibration"

Press "Position/Direction"

Touch the eight directional touch screen buttons to move the cursor to the desired point on the map.

• 4 weeks later...

Do you happen to have the service bulletin number? My lexus dealer says they do not know of such a bulletin, but, honestly, they've never impressed me much.

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

About a month back our 07 RX350 started to periodically get "lost". Then two weeks ago it got lost and never recovered. The dealer concluded that it was the GPS antenna and replaced it.... and the nav system continued to be lost. Finally, the dealer installed "a new disk"; whatever they mean by it :whistles: , I believe they just uploaded a new software as now I am running 6.1 version. The " lost" problem is solved and, I also had to calibrate the location. :cheers: