Stabalizer Bar Links

nc211

Just curious if anyone has had to replace their stabalizer bar links, especially in the front. I'm getting some wandering around on the road, especially on grooved pavement where the tires are being directed by the grooves. Have a little slack in the steering wheel, but not much. I think the U connecter bolt is loose, but not 100% it's not the rack, or inner tie rods. I am also getting a popping noise from the front over slight bumps at the 40mph and under speeds. When backing out of my driveway in the morning, and roll over the connector piece from my drive way to the street, I get a horrible crunch noise. I know it's not the control arms, or strut rods. I'm thinking stabalizer bar, but the bushings only have 35k miles on them. I wouldn't think they would wear out that fast. I'm wondering about the links, as I do recall they seemed a bit loose when doing the front suspension stuff a coupe years ago. The bolt wouldn't tighten very easily, it just spun the ball. Anyone ever have to replace those yet? If so, what were your symptoms that led you to them?

if you dont want to buy OEM then your option is energy suspension w/c makes polyurethane bushing, ive replace my front and rear sway bar bushing, on the end links its either you buy a whole end or just the rubber/poly end of it take out the old one compare and measure it get the one close to it, or you can give energy suspension a call :cheers:

I don't think it is the sway bushings or the links. I have a 1990 and I have a similar sound, particularly when backing up and braking and going over speed bumps. I started with new shocks all around and this cut the noise quite a bit. I am almost certain that new strut rod cushions/bushings will complete the repair. But not cheap, they are $120 each! Your 1995 may or not use this similar bushing. On later models, they list the bushing only for about $50, so you can reuse the rod.

In changing out my rear shocks, the old rubber boots on my rear sway links cracked, oozing grease. Get a load of replacement costs: new sway links from Park Place, $60 each!!!! An equivalent Mercedes sway link? How about $7.00 each!!!! My sway links will have to fall off before I replace them.

glenmore

1990 LS400

1991 300CE

2000 C280

• 1 year later...
Just curious if anyone has had to replace their stabalizer bar links, especially in the front. I'm getting some wandering around on the road, especially on grooved pavement where the tires are being directed by the grooves. Have a little slack in the steering wheel, but not much. I think the U connecter bolt is loose, but not 100% it's not the rack, or inner tie rods. I am also getting a popping noise from the front over slight bumps at the 40mph and under speeds. When backing out of my driveway in the morning, and roll over the connector piece from my drive way to the street, I get a horrible crunch noise. I know it's not the control arms, or strut rods. I'm thinking stabalizer bar, but the bushings only have 35k miles on them. I wouldn't think they would wear out that fast. I'm wondering about the links, as I do recall they seemed a bit loose when doing the front suspension stuff a coupe years ago. The bolt wouldn't tighten very easily, it just spun the ball. Anyone ever have to replace those yet? If so, what were your symptoms that led you to them?

r:

Nice to have you back again. I knew you sold the '95. What (year) are you driving now? I've still got my '95, but I picked up a cherry '04 w/36k for a song. It clangs a little here and there. I think all the bushings get hard and shrink with time. I'm also curious as to what you find out. After all the work you did, I would have thought you would have zeroed in on it like a 15 year old boy to your girlfriend, Celine.............