Wilminmgton Lexus Admits Rx Tranny Problem!

artbuc

Wife's friend has 2000 RX. All maintenance (even the battery replacement for God sakes) and routine service performed by Lexus of Wilmington, DE. Don't know if vehicle is FWD or AWD and don't know mileage. I've asked my wife to get more details. Transmission failed and Lexus replaced for $4500. They did give a goodwill discount (I'll find out how much). BUT, the point is that Lexus of Wilmington told the owner that the RX has a faulty transmission design and that they have a failure rate of 1 in 400.

I believe this is huge. With all of the tranny posts on this forum, I have never seen where Lexus admitted to a problem. My guess is that Lexus Corporate will gag when they read this post. Perhaps, Lexus is getting closer to stepping up to the plate on this one.

whoa, where is that secret camera and mic when it is needed. That just tells me they are honest, or a tech got carried away telling the insiders story. Usually they keep that kind of info secret. Lexus Sucks when it comes to this issue. I know, only the people with failures scream, and the numbers are against us in that scenario because Corporate will say it is a small percentage. And the count goes on......... the percentage sucks, but the admission of a poor design is significant.

Glad to hear this. A 1-in-400 failure rate, if true, is monumental. Sure wish that this forum could be privy to the specifics and details behind this incident. Please post more information on this issue if you manage to obtain it. This may finally shut up the skeptics who have been fortunate enough not to experience these problems and continue to criticize those of us who have....