Whats Wrong With Engine Oil?

sheab

engine oil was changed dec 12 .. and drove about 550 miles its look darker then normal one .. well my brother took it to his freind and did the oil change thats what he told me now i got no idea what he put in there i mean what kida oil or filter dammmmmmn grrrrrrrr.. ummmmm so guys in this case what should i do?

engine oil was changed dec 12 .. and drove about 550 miles its look darker then normal one .. well my brother took it to his freind and did the oil change thats what he told me now i got no idea what he put in there i mean what kida oil or filter dammmmmmn grrrrrrrr.. ummmmm so guys in this case what should i do?

Well engine oil gets dark. Color (black) 95% of the time means zero based on my years of testing. Not saying I am oil guru but black(er) oil is nothing to worry about.

If you are concerned, do anyother oil change and it it gets darker again, and you are still worried pull a oil sample ($25). I also think Toyota, based on pictures normal short of cheap filters. A wix is better in my eyes/

smoke, white, is it not engine coolant getting into engine? Not good.

Again, I have seen black oil have the best oil tests numbers and clean oil have worst and the other way around. Unless you are superman, do not go but how black or clean an oil is. Now it the engine oil color is white or gray, then worry.

Prolonged white smoke could indicate a blown head gasket. Other symptons of a BHG would be if the car overheats or runs extremely hot and if the engine misses.

White smoke at cold start up is normal and is only the water burning off of the inside of the exhaust system. Mine does this every morning.

White or gray oil is a sign of water in the oil which could be from a BHG as well.

JimA